Bad
Good

YES MESQUITE ISD PRIDES IN PLACING KIDS IN SPECIAL ED! WHEN THEIR ARE NO RESOURCES TO OFFER THIS IS WHERE THE NIGHTMARE BEGAN FOR MY KID NOW WERE IN A DIFFERENT SCHOOL DISTRICT AND THEIR OFFERING SO MANY RESOURCES ACADEMICS WERE EXTREMELY BELOW AVERAGE MISD PRIDES ON FAILURE !

I had problem after problem, meetings with teachers, principle, etc. Trying to solve the issues my child was having there, to no avail! I was determined to sell our home and get them into another district! My youngest that I had so many problems attending Hodges when asking her what is going on and why all the behavior problems she continuously told me that they were very mean to her and the teachers taught the same thing over and over and had already new the material that is why she would talk, ..etc to occupy their time while in class, like I said I tried to tell them over and over with no avail, the last conflict is when they requested me to have her tested for special education! This is actually when the transfer took place out of HODGES!! Now with her attending a new district we have not had any problems with behavior and she was state tested and she scored so high on the state test she doubled the average child on the charts, to add she also won the spelling bee this year for entire grade level plus last year in the 3rd she was reading on a 7th grade school level......HODGES WANTED HER TESTED FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION...THIS IS HODGES AND I WAS SURPRISED THE GOT A 5 OUT OF 10...

Great school, great teachers. My kids love going to Hodges because of the teachers, they are all so good !!! They care about their students.

My siblings & I attended the school when we younger and now both my boys do. I have one in 4th grade and the other in 1st and they too love the school & all the teachers.

Our family is now entering into the third generation at Ed Hodges. It has wonderful teachers, principal and staff that care about their students. Recent remodeling has made it an even better learning facility. Have one gifted child and one with dyslexia, they both receive all the tools they need to succeed.

As a student of this school myself, I have the best memories. My children also attended, as well as currently my granddaughter. The teachers do there job & they make sure you have a great learning experience at the same time.

This school has always been a great school. I have seen even more great strides this last school year. The teachers are there to teach, they love the kids and treat everyone with respect.

Hodges has wonderful programs for all the kids. I have 1 gifted, 1 dyslexic and 1 average student. They each treated as individuals and given the time and attention needed.

Last modified Hodges Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.