K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Balch Springs Christian Academy
Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 21, 2015
there is too much favoritism the school is run by the preachers daughter not the principal. the bible classes are good and the discipline depends on who you are if you get in trouble or not some of the fundraisers are made mandatory I thought it should be your choice. If you do not participate you are punished. If you are going to do fundraisers the teachers should promote all of them but they dont some high school teachers will berate you in front of everyone. I will not send my child back I am tired of my child coming home upset everyday because of teachers calling names. they should be ashamed

Posted August 04, 2014
As a former student who had been there for eleven years, I would like to say this school has some Pros and Cons. This school provides a safe enviornment, a personal learnig enviornment due to most classes being between eight and fifteen people, a decent education, and some nice teachers. However, any students attending should be made aware of the cons as well. Two-hundred dollars a month tuition provides students with limited classes that focus more on the religious aspect than actual learning, and strict and sometimes unnecesary rules. Some teachers don't truly know how to teach or make it interesting to learn, making learning more of a chore than an experience. Their disipllinary style is more "guily until proven guilty' instead of a "explain the situation and prove your innocence" style. There is no such thing as a different opinion. Expressing any type of differing opinion that the staff will get you a half hour long lecture infront of the class. Not an argument, not a debate, just a teacher telling you that homosexuality, pop culture, television, and liberals are destroying this country and this world. In all, I would'nt even recomend this school to my worst enemies.

Posted January 03, 2014
this school sucks, the teachers can not teach they just want your money. they are not ahead of all public schools like they say and they love to pick favorites.

Posted August 12, 2013
I have two kids at the school for years now. I don't have to worry about their safety. I don't have to worry about being taught to a very liberal teaching. The state is not telling the school what to do. My two kids are academically adove average from public school. We need more kids now days being taught right from wrong. We don't have to worry about only being taught how to pass a test. If you have these worries now. Then send your kids to BSCA learn have fun. Some people get upset about the rules like uniforms. Well when you grow up their are rules at your job and some like me wear a uniform.

Posted April 10, 2012
Well, I for one think that this school is the greatest. Sure it has its problems, but what school doesn't. And as for "favorites" I think not! We are all treated the same, and its not too harsh. The way i see it, the discipline keeps us out of drugs, gangs, and other horrible things you will find in public school. At least we're not having to go through medal detectors everyday. And as for education, yes at times its a little rough, but we're smart when we do the work. It's your childs fault if he tells you lies so don't go bashing this wonderful school because of your child's immaturity. And one last thing, ill bet you never would have guessed. I'm gonna be a senior here in 5 weeks, and I have a parent you works up here and I get treated just the same as all the others. GO CRU!!!!!!

Balch Springs Christian Academy 4

Posted February 17, 2012
BSCA is a great school. Our oldest started there in the 3rd grade after we so disgusted with DISD schools in our area. He is now in the 7th grade. My son has played football, basketball and ran track (although the last two years they did not have enough boys that wanted to play football for a Jr. High team ... 9-12th grade have been consistent). BSCA does not require the TAKS test, they use the SAT standardized test. Our son has done very well each year. We also have two children in Kindergarten. We are not members of the Seagoville Road Baptist Church, so I don't have any biases in that regard. The school is not perfect, but neither are we (parent & students.) I do think the personnel has the best interest of the students at heart. I also appreciate the cultural diversity among the student body. I think the leadership should work on that area as it related to the teaching staff. Good school & positive learning environment! (You will find that BCSA is one of the least expensive private schools in DFW... uniforms are pricey but are of good quality)

Posted July 26, 2011
This is a great school my niece attended from pre-k and has consistently been ahead of those in public schools. As far as extra curricular activities I am surprised to hear people say there are none my niece was a cheerleader and then decided to play basketball. Also they have football so I'm not sure what these others are talking about as I have seen the games. Great school and teachers and has the added bonus of including religious teachings.

Posted July 21, 2011
I am a BSCA Alumni and would have to agree with some of the other reviews. I attended elementary, junior high & high school in the late 90's and had a great education experience. Hands down there elementary program is great and I plan to send my kids there for elementary. When the time comes I will have to evaluate there junior high and high school program. I luckily had the opportunity to have had Mrs. Bellah as a teacher. She taught science, geometry,chemistry, & trig. I mean she really inspired and pushed her students to the max. She did not give you anything for free, you had to work for it. Mrs. Peters taught algebra I&II and did a great job in helping me understand mathematics. I truly believe that I attended and graduated college because of these great teachers. If those teacher are still there your kid will do great in college. I now run a succesful business and family. Thanks BSCA

Posted November 20, 2010
I am a current senior here at bsca and have attended this school since the fifth grade. I came from public school and had trouble throughout my fifth grade year due to lack of basic learning skills. Eventually, I caught on and am excelling in all my classes. The curriculum here is challenging and at least two years ahead compared to public school. This school involves teachers who want you to learn in academics, to grow closer to God, and to see each of their students succeed in school. I have played in all sports and loved the experience. Yes the uniforms at first were dramatic for me but they are required for a reason and overtime one will get used to them. Chapel here is all surrounding the Lord and the preachers are excellent God given talented speakers. . The rumor about teachers having favorites is a lie i have been here long enough to know without a doubt that they treat everyone equally and with fairness. The homework, big or small, helps students further comprehend that days lesson as it has done for me. I strongly recommend this school for those who want a positive Christian education.

Posted July 12, 2010
This school was good for elementary, but for high school, I would not recommend it. I went here from K5- 10th grade, and when I went to another public high school, my credits didn't count and I had to start all over in 9th grade.

Balch Springs Christian Academy
11524 Seagoville Road, Balch Springs, TX  75180
Last modified Balch Springs Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12