Genesis High School

Public | 9-12 | 89 students

Living in Bastrop

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $144,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,020.

Posted August 20, 2013

This is a good alternative for the students who are self motivated and need to fast track graduation from High School. Many Students enter the workforce full-time or part time while they continue their education. After graduation, many students continue their education at a community college or trade school.

Posted March 26, 2012

This is one of the best schools I have ever had the pleasure of working for! The teachers and students are awesome! I wish the school luck in all they do thier future endeavors!

Posted December 6, 2011

I went to Genesis because I was sick of going to a normal high school and did not like the high school environment. Genesis was a good alternative because it's much smaller and therefor flexable. I was able to finish my entire senior year in a semester. Genesis has great teachers that are willing to put in extra effort to help you get where you want to be as long as you are willing to do the same.

Posted December 4, 2011

This school is helpful to all teens who messed up in the past and want to get their life together and make something out of their life. If it wasn't for genesis i wouldn't be graduating but thanks to them i get to graduate and move on to college early.

Posted November 28, 2011

If I hadnt gone to Genesis I would not have graduated!!!! This is a great school for people who do not think they are going to graduate!!!

Posted November 10, 2011

I went to this school, and graduated really fast. Everyone there is super friendly and helpful. I thought I wouldn't graduate but I will.

Posted October 20, 2011

Genesis HIgh School helped me so much to become a better and well educated person. I recieved a huge amount of help from the teachers. They helped me learn the subjects more better and made me smarter than I was before. The staff is very polite and nice when you need their support. I thank everyone at Genesis for helping me reach my goals at becoming a better adult. I really admire everyone a Genesis for the person that they made me today. I loved the kind of style that their schools goes by because it so organized and obeyed by everyone. The classes are really small that way you can work in a better environment.

Posted September 23, 2011

This school is AWESOME! The teachers are great! I have learned so much being at this school, it is the best feeling in the world to graduate early knowing you actually earned it. Genesis has inspired me to become a teacher. I would never regret choosing to come to this school.

Posted August 24, 2011

Genesis High School is an amazing school full of opportunities and new things to learn. I would recommend this school to someone before I would reccomend another school.

Posted May 25, 2011

I would like to thank Genesis High School for helping me graduate. It has being one of the best decisions i have made in my life. The teachers there not only guide you trough your classes but commit themselves to get you going and help you have that proactive mentality. I was a step away from dropping out and Genesis really was my New Beginning. It had being years since i was excited about being in school, and coming here made me really believe in myself. Mr. Granado really does care about getting your future going and i promise you, they will really do " WHATEVER IT TAKES" to get you that diploma.

Posted May 24, 2011

i think this school is a great school to go to. All the teachers are very kind and helpful.

Posted May 19, 2011

this was a great experience for me. i was actually able to get all the right help that i needed to get through it. it was way way better then bhs. im so glad that im graduating, now i can go to sschool for cooking. thanks everyone.

Posted May 19, 2011

This was a very good experience for me.i learned so much here. All the staff is very caring and respectful. i like the fact that its a small school. Im so proud that i actually got things together, buts its because of this school.((: they are GREAT!!!!!

Posted May 17, 2011

My experience at this school was far better than I had thought it would be. With the school being so small, and the classes uncrowded, you get the right help and tutoring you need.

Posted May 17, 2011

This school helped me so much. I am infinitely thankful for the opportunity I had by coming to this school, and finishing earlier than I would have had I stayed in BISD. A competant staff mixed with well thought out plans renders this school among the elite.

Posted May 16, 2011

like oh my god oh my god. i would have never been able to gradute on time or at all without the help of the genesis family. i was so close to dropping out of school. untilll i got accepted into this scghool. now i'm graduating a year early and on my way to colleage, the first in my family. genesis is the best schoool in all the univerese. i give it 12 thumbs up.

Posted May 16, 2011

As a graduating student from Genesis High School I think this school is awesome! We have the best teachers ever!! They will to everything in their power to ensure that we will succed. Attending this school has taught me nit to give up, and how to function in the "real world." I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an alternative route for their high school education. I couldn't have done it without you guys! THANK YOU GENESIS!!!

Posted May 15, 2011

Genesis High School is a great school. A school where one can learn about self motivation and perseverence. In order to get any where in life you must work to the point of exhaustion, and then work harder. If one wishes for their education at Genesis High School they MUST study hard and work harder. Very much similar to life, and thats what the instructors at Genesis teach. Skills for the real world; the world past high school, and I thank them for it.

Posted May 12, 2011

As a student of Genesis High School i could say that i would recommend this school to anyone it is the best school that i have ever attended and i been to alot. The principal and staff create a great family like environment and work with each student one on one. And if your like me and have a child then this is the place to be, before Genesis i had no hope i was a drop out and Genesis helped me get my child in a daycare close by and i don't have to pay a dime. Genesis has given me hope again and now i can say that i did it. I got my diploma.

Posted May 12, 2011

I am very thankful for genesis high school the reason i am thankful is because htye had work something out for the situation that i was and they were giving me courage each time that i was going to do my work... THANK U GENESIS

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

11 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

14 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

14 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

13 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

11 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

All Students100%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "AEA: Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "AEA: Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "AEA: Academically Acceptable".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

Algebra I

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: CRDC, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1200 Cedar Street