Bad
Good

I love this school. I have never had problems and my girls are getting smarter every day. My oldest is in 1st grade and is already in 2nd grade reading level. My young one is my wild child but her teacher is still able to handle her and discipline her plus she surprises me w her grades. No bullying problems. I have also seen the kids play outside and the teachers always watch them. Kudos to Mrs. Garcia Mrs. Griffith and Mrs. Starr

I love the school nurse and the teachers are great. There are always problems in every school with mean kids. Not so sure about this years principal though. Sent my daughter to nurse to call me for a change of clothes for my daughter and she already wore outfit before. There is a two finger rule on tops not 3 to 4 makes me upset when I make sure her clothes are right an they call me like it isn't right! Still love the school anyway!

This school is horrible!!!!They are so irresponsible and very very rude they are also very disorganized if you dont have to send your child there dont!! Its sad that they are suppose to educate our childern and its anything but that apperance wise the school looks ok but it offers nothing for the childern if you care about your childs education this is not the place for you. I can not wait to get my daughter out of this school she is way way to good for this school. And shame on the principal that is suppose to be the person that runs the school and make sure the staff does what it should but its obvious they dont care about the students or quality of the school as a whole its a very low class school if i could give zero stars i would it shouldnt even get the one star credit

This school is clean and has a really great nurse who always calls when anything happens to the kids. My babies are both making honor roll so I think the school is great!!

This school is atrocious. Bullying, LICE infestations, and sub-par lesson plans are just a few of the many problems in this horrendous state-funded daycare they call an elementary school. The teachers single out students and do part of the bullying themselves. It seems like they give license to teach to just anyone these days. Do NOT send your children to that place. I won't be sending mine next year!

The principal is young, innovative, and enthusiastic. This reflects on the attitude of the school. This makes for a positive environment for the kids. Public schools in Texas are ruled by the standardized testing and scores but the teachers at DZ try their hardest to be positive and have fun when they can.

Their discipline is lacking tremendously, they don t teach anything worthwhile at that school. My son comes home and says the teacher told us you have to help me study these words. We work with him from the time my son gets home at 3:45pm-6pm five days a week, and when he fails because they never go over it in class the teacher calls us and says we need to study more with him and make it a habit. seriously isn t that their job in the first place and when he gets in trouble, oh no god forbid if they actually get on to the child they mark on their sheet and let them keep going I have on times been up there and the front staff could care less if you were there. I could walk on thru if I pleased. The teachers seem nice but acted like only wanted to teach one thing the stars test And no offense I want my child to know how to read properly, write correctly, do math at the pace of his age and know how to speak without saying the words aint got no me and so in so I need that thing . And does math at a third grade level. And reads half a paragraph and forgets what he read two seconds ago . It all just irritates me to no end that I punish my child for their stupidity.

If I could give it ZERO stars I would. My children have been going to this school a couple of years now and it just gets worse every year. My sister warned me about it since she pulled them out of DeZavala and now pays to send her kids to private school. The teachers are snotty and unqualified and the front office staff doesn't care. I dread having to call that place. The receptionist is unprofessional and RUDE. They are there only for the paycheck and care nothing about their students or parents. You can see it on their faces and hear it in their voices any time you need to contact them. I have complained to the superintendent's office several times. It looks like private school may be the right choice for my children as well. HORRIBLE SCHOOL!

I dont like this school either! My child is getting bullied all the time. She went from being an A and B student to Ds and Fs. She hardly brings homework home and all I get are bad test grades! This school is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. She will be going to another school next year.

great school close to home friendly staff, and I know my child is very safe in this environment.

Last modified Lorenzo De Zavala Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.