Posted April 28, 2014
Harlem Elementary is located in Baytown, Texas. Harlem is a Title 1 school that serve families in surrounding communities. The mission of Harlem is to enhance lives academically, emotionally, and socially as we adapt to changes in our world. At Harlem Elementary we take a proactive approach to educating the whole child, academically, socially, emotionally, and behaviorally. We are committed to providing a warm, inviting atmosphere and a safe environment. Our open door policy encourages parental involvement in the educational process of our students. At Harlem, we believe that each child is entitled to a comprehensive education and that students, staff and parents share in the responsibility for providing that education.

Harlem Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
Harlem Elementary is a Title 1 Program school located in Baytown, Texas. My son attends third grade at Harlem Elementary and is thriving both academically and socially. I believe that Harlem is dedicated to providing a comprehensive education for each child. As stated directly on the website: "At Harlem Elementary we take a proactive approach to educating the whole child, academically, socially, emotionally, and behaviorally." In the last year, I have seen a dramatic improvement in my son's academic achievements. He is excelling in all of his classes and enjoying school. He loves his teachers and the staff at Harlem. I am very pleased with the teachers, administrators, and staff at Harlem Elementary.

Posted September 10, 2013
Harlem is a wonderful school that is student-centered and parent friendly. The staff works real hard making sure that Harlem is the place to be.

Harlem Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2007
As a parent of two students attending Harlem, I can say I am happy with this school. My oldest had been in private school for 4 years but needed resources (special education, tutoring) that the private school could not offer. I struggled with my decision to move him. I worried he would have problems with the larger student population. Luckily, he also had a friend from his school transfer. Today, both boys have told me they enjoy Harlem. Although my oldest still struggles with school, I believe his teachers (Skinner,Bishop,Nelson) have done a great job working with him. He actually has more friends here than at his former school. And yes, it is true, a diverse school population is more accepting to someone who may not fit in 'mainstream' groups. This was not always the case with his Christian classmates. School success is a two way street.. parents/school working together.

Posted May 15, 2006
Mu daughter is in Life Skills class and has excelled greatly because she has the best teacher in the world, Ms. Rose. The school, teaching staff, office staff and special education departments are all very professional with one goal, what is best for the student. Safety is number one with this school and I praise them hightly. The transportation department is second to none with the greatest special transportation personnel. Great Job Harlem! We are very happy parents of a Harlem Elementary School student. Great school for special needs children!

Harlem Elementary School
P O Box 30, Baytown, TX  77522
Last modified Harlem Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harlem Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top