Public charter
Beaumont, TX

Posted March 06, 2015
Is it possible to give this school less than one star? I wish I could. Administration Is seriously lacking in ability and teachers are uncertified. We will not continue to send our child to a school that does not provide a quality education.
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 29, 2015
The administration at Harmony is a joke. The principal has no social skills and when I brought a concern to him that my special education student was being taught by paraeducators and not by certified teachers, he just nodded. My son's teacher left in September and was not replaced until December. There were occasional substitutes, but no certified teachers. I have reported Harmony to TEA.

Posted January 28, 2015
This is the best school in town, My daughter started at BISD and I had to moved her at 4th grade because all that they care about was the TASK TEST, she then went to a private school and that school was great. Once I learned about the education in Harmony, I switched her to Harmony because she would be getting a good education without me paying the high rate from the private school. My daughter has been in Harmony for 4 years and she is in the 10th grade, during her 4 years she had learned 2 different language Turkish and Japanese. the BISD only teach Spanish and French. she loves the art class,robotic mathematic and Engineering class. Trips to Houston Dallas San Antonio and Austin for competitions and also for weekends tutoring are a plus. Her confident has grown 100% she had come out from been a shy girl to a strong young lady, her teachers are amazing, from every school year. they are strong about keeping bullies away, my daughter was bully last year and they took care of that the next day. I highly recommend Harmony Science Academy. Ps. My son graduated from BISD Westbrook in 2011 and if you check the news all you see is their Fights, that is an everyday problem.

Posted December 17, 2014
This is the best school ever. We treat each other as one. Have excitement activities. We go on field trips without paying for it. The teachers are nice and helpful. The school is a family. We have popcorn parties, movies, dances, etc. They prevent bulling. I was being bullied once. I talked to a teacher, she told the disciplinary teacher, and she talked to the bullies. They didn't bully me anymore. At least while I'm there.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 17, 2014
My Kids has attended harmony Science Academy . and we absolutely love it! We are so very thankful for the strong communication skills and level of education this school has given our child. The teachers and management are amazing, and provide a higher level of learning and one-on-one attention. We definitely appreciate the friendly atmosphere. The teachers/students are like family. I recommend this school to anyone I know with children in our community. Switching to this school is one of the best decisions we have ever made for our child!

Posted November 02, 2014
This year the school has lost over 15 teachers to other school districts. The administration has terrible communication, treats the teachers poorly, and is unresponsive to the concerns of parents. Run, don't walk away from Harmony Science Academy.
6 people found this helpful

Posted June 03, 2014
I would rather send my kids to BISD than to Harmony Science Academy. Administration is clueless to the needs of the students they claim to serve.

Posted May 25, 2014
Harmony is terribly mismanaged. The administration is cold and uncaring. The education the students are given is poor and inconsistent. Teacher retention is impossible.

Harmony Science Academy - Beaumont 2

Posted October 16, 2013
Harmony Academy Science size is small and you would believie your child would be accommodated with better learning skills and attention. However my 3rd grader came home with homework for me to explain, Google and teach because it wasnt previously explained by teachers but advise to go the school website to get instructions. No books, Also miss graded work multiple times:/ Also the administrator Melissa, coach Loss, and some of the teachers needs anger management classes "very rude" to kids...personally seen. The supervision is horrific your child can get Bullied by other students making them uncomfortable why some teachers act as if the situation is extraneous because the bullied student is not a favorite. Honestly prejudice abides there... If you do allow your child to go there parents be very proactive , alert and aware of your child behavior patterns!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 06, 2013
Harmony Science Academy is a small and safe school. Parents are really involved in their children's education.

Harmony Science Academy - Beaumont
4055 Calder Ave, Beaumont, TX  77706
Last modified Harmony Science Academy - Beaumont is a Charter school that serves grades K-12
Harmony Science Academy - Beaumont Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top