Curtis Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2014
We have been so disappointed with this school. they claim to have agifted talented program but it is not. The 5th grade G/T class did the exact same thing, even the same homework each night as the regular classes. we moved into the district and my son has been bored out of his mind all year. I don't think he has learned anything in math and science. The teachers were not helpful after meetings to discuss possible extra enrichment work. My soon went from a kid who loves school to a kid who hates going every single day. There are also bullying issues. The counselors advice was that yes, the child you are referring to has had many complaints against him for bullying, so you aren't alone. Don't let it get to you the entire school year was damaging both socially and academically.

Posted April 02, 2014
Teachers, teachers, teachers!! That's the highlight of this school! You see happy faces going in, and happy faces coming out when the kids leave. You see teachers with smiles for all the children, always encouraging words, and well satisfied and behaved children. THIS comes with excellent training and a love of what they do. Kindness , and respect for all children. MY grandson is in second grade, and for three years he has gone to Sallie Curtis. he never wants to be late, and he is always upbeat and happy when he gets in the car. He is blessed to attend such a well run school. You cannot find another better anywhere, all around. There is little we can see to be changed about this school. Well done, faculty and Sallie Curtis people. ALL of you!

Curtis Elementary School 2

Posted May 16, 2013
The school overall is ok but there are teachers that need to retire & allow younger teachers to take over . The P.E. teachers have been there for many many years & seem to not know what Physical Education stands for . On several occasions I have seen the kids on the playground during P.E. time with the coaches sitting on the benches instead of doing an organized activity .

Curtis Elementary School 1

Posted June 19, 2009

Posted April 12, 2008
The school has an idea that Discipline Precedes Success(DPS). We are firm about discipline issues. For academically, we serve not only Gifted and Talented students with Extracurricular Activities but also Left Behind students with tutoring and after school activities. In Beaumont, there could be a better school than HSA if there were another HSA!!!

Posted April 04, 2007
Wonderful neighborhood school! My children both attend Curtis, and I have been so pleased with all of their teachers. Both students are in the accelerated program, and their homework and projects continue to challenge them. Their teachers are sensitive to their needs, and the accelerated pace does not overwhelm them. They are excited about learning and enjoy school. It is also nice to see the parents so involved, which probably attributes to the success of the students. The PTA works hard to provide additional teaching aides for teachers and programs for children. You have the opportunity to get to know other parents and faculty members. I am thankful for such a great start to my children's education and success.

Posted August 06, 2006
I am thrilled with Sallie Curtis Elementary. I have had nothing but positive expereinces from all of the faculty. All of the teachers are awesome. You should not worry about your child and the education they received from Sallie Curtis. Keep up the wonderful work.

Posted April 10, 2006
We moved from Houston to Beaumont and we love Sallie Curtis Elementary. We have been there one year, and feel like we have always been there...the parents, teachers, and staff are just awesome!

Posted August 21, 2005
We recently relocated, and it was very hard to say goodbye to Sallie Curtis. My daughter attended through the 4th grade and really excelled in the Challenge program there. The fourth grade teachers and the priciple went above and beyond to help us make sure that my daughter got placed in the GT program at her new school. The parent invovement at this school is phenomenal, and with very few exceptions all of the teachers are wonderful- the kindergarten teachers in particular, as well as the 2nd grade Challenge teacher. We had a few bumps along the way, but the school administration always took care of things appropriately. The 'Show Productions' program (drama/music) is very good for helping kids learn to perform onstage- my daughter loved it. We will miss this wonderful school!

Curtis Elementary School
6225 North Circuit Drive, Beaumont, TX  77706
Last modified Curtis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Curtis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top