Odom Middle School 1

Posted August 28, 2012
The strongest asset that Odom Academy has is the Pegasus program for gifted students. It is highly regarded and the majority of teachers are excellent. The Pegasus mathematics teacher is on the other hand, not very effective as a teacher. She does not present the material very well and does not seem to understand the children's frustration with the course material. While the Pegasus program is great for the students in the program, it is disastrous for the students who attend Odom but are not in Pegasus. By bringing the Pegasus program to Odom, and thus attracting students who already test very well, the school's overall testing average has gone up. By doing this, the school district does not need to address the fact that the remainder of the school's students do not meet minimum standards and are thus pretty much ignored and left to struggle through life with a substandard education. The school district administration has misled the parents of the school by telling them that the school meets academic standards but in reality, their children are enrolled in a substandard institution. It is a bad situation for the students, parents, school, and the community.

Posted February 01, 2011
I like the school and thanks for haveing my daughter in this school. hope to see you soon!

Posted February 01, 2011
This school is great cus ive been it since 6th grade.Its really fun but there is some stuff people have to fix! example:Let us wear our jackets!!!! Its almost 30 egrees outside and we cant wear our jackets!!! IM only going to give this example!

Odom Middle School 4

Posted August 24, 2009

Odom Middle School 3

Posted April 20, 2008
I'm a student so I can actually give my opinion about what is going on and everything. It is okay but if I had seen every middle school Odom would not be my choice. Sure, yes they do have the Pegasus thing (which I am currently in) but even if they do have that it doens't mean you will be in it or that your will stay in it. I would like it better if the administrative staff was more friendly. I give the pegasus teachers a Five Star!! They are nice and caring and really sweet.

Posted August 12, 2007

Odom Middle School 4

Posted December 19, 2003
Advanced students can earn some high school credits in the Pegasus curriculum. Most teachers seem interested and capable.

Odom Middle School
2550 West Virginia Street, Beaumont, TX  77705
Last modified Odom Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odom Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top