PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They do not challenge gifted students. My child is gifted and though her teacher was nice, she was horrible at actually educating my daughter.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal left and everyone was clueless. The superintendent acted like I was bothering her and when I pulled my child she seemed offended.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers are mostly retired from the public school system and come here to have something to do. They are not challenging the students definitely not in prek, kinder, or first grade. Huge disappointment. Had my child watching Sid the science kid I was appalled. She should have taken notes from Sid's teacher.

My daughter though 5years old was reading on middle of first grade when I enrolled her here. I really thought she would be challenged in a Christian environment. Wrong! During class all she did was color, watch movies, play on the playground and take naps. I removed her 2months later. A parent who thought I was over reacting shared that her son is still doing what they did the first week of school. When I asked to see the lesson plan, they acted as though I needed a signature from president Obama. I never saw a lesson plan and months later I am still fighting for consumable workbooks purchased via the curriculum fee. For all the money parents pay this school should do better. The only reason they are still around is because people who don't want their children in public school pay the money. However, my daughter was reading when she got there and she knows many concepts for core subjects because I teach her at home. I surely was not going to allow her to go backwards all because her teacher was not trained to differentiate instruction. Oh and after care is a joke. The children watch Nickelodeon. I don't allow my child to watch that at home and furthermore why aren't you doing something constructive with them? Do not put your child here. Waste of money.

Such a great school! My daughter is a third generation student! I wouldn't have her going anywhere else!

We took our daughter out of Lumberton Primary School and enrolled her in St. Anthony Cathedral Basilica School. She is so much happier and actually loves to go to school now. This is a wonderful school.

St. Anthony has always been such a family oriented school. The education is up to date and really gets the students involved. I graduated from this school in 2005,and now my son is attending. I am just as please now as I was then! It is a clam environment conducive to learning. Also a great school to send your child to if you are hoping to have your Christian faith incorporated into their daily lives. I love that St. Anthony is like a home away from home. Our children spend a lot of time at school and it is important to feel confident that your kids are in good hands!

Due to my husband's transfer with his company in 2000, I had to sadly leave my small, family oriented school located in the mountains of Virginia. As I searched the Golden Triangle for a teaching position within a similar environment, I came upon a small school located in downtown Beaumont. Not only is St. Anthony Cathedral Basilica School small and family oriented, it is unique in the cultural diversity of its students, parents and family members, teachers, and staff. It is a joy to come to work each morning to greet and to be greeted within an environment that promotes high academic standards and spiritual well being as well.

I am so happy to be a parent at this school. I have had two children here for elementary and middle school. Because of a move, we spent one year out of town in another Catholic School, and am happy to report that we are in love with St. Anthony even more. My daughter is now in high school, and she was very prepared academically for success. She was also able to participate in music at mass, acting in plays, service projects and so much more! The thing I love most about St. Anthony, though, is how loving, nurturing, caring, and truly supportive the teachers are.

St. Anthony Cathedral School provides a safe and Christ-centered, holistic learning environment that promotes high academic standards. They have a very diverse population that promotes tolerance and acceptance. They are a faith filled community that is welcoming and promotes social justice in everyday life. It has been my pleasure to have my children attend such an outstanding school.

Last modified St Anthony Cathedral Basilica School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8