Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

As the parent of a student at this school I must say that it is one of the best choices that we have ever made. Granted, it is not for everyone. Your child must be extremely mature and focused. The intent of the program is to give them an environment where they can grow and take charge of their own futures. Some will fail if they aren't prepared for that level of independence. The admins are there to assist them, not hold their hand.

I am a current student at TALH and I absolutely love it. However, this school should be mostly taken as a school that represents a certain ethos that the applicants must take seriously. It isn't a school for the sole purpose of getting ahead, although the benefits do include two years of college alongside your high-school diploma. The school wants to cultivate a well-rounded student that can go out into the world and make a difference. The admin aren't perfect but they do care about their students. Most of the people who feel resentful of the program only feel so because the program wasn't right for them or they got kicked out (a rare thing.) It is very small and tight-knit community which should help students, not harm them. Unless they just aren't ready for the responsibility.

I am a parent of two TALH graduates. I cannot say enough good things about this program. TALH provides an exciting and encouraging environment for the students. I found the administration to be very concerned about all their students and proud of their accomplishments. This is a five-star institution for motivated young people.

I am of the graduation class of 2003. I enjoyed my time at TALH and would not change it for anyhting. I graduated at towrd the top of the class. I learned to be myself at this school. My self esteem grew as I matured and learned my strengths. My parents lived in Fort Worth, so it was hard for them to let me go away to school at 16, but they knew that I needed the independence.

Can be great for highly mature kids who know exactly what they want and do not need guidance. Admins are horrible. There is obvious favoritism. Gifted kids who need a little more guidance are neglected. This school is all about 'stats', standing, and prestige. If your kid is independent and ready for college at 16, this school can be great, but if you have an intelligent child who is somewhat aimless and unsure, this school is awful. I watched my child's self-esteem plummet after one year at this school. Study hall is watched over by Lamar students who do not help the kids at all. Extracurricular activities are for the most part nonexistent. I cannot recommend this school.

Last modified Texas Academy of Leadership in the Humanities is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.