Bad
Good

The students and staff at Harwood are lovely! They are very kind and helpful. I am so glad I went there!

This school has its high and lows. There are great teachers such as Mrs. Hare (7th-TX History), Ms. Fox (7th-Science), Mr. Keller (8thAlgebra), etc... but there are other not so great ones that my son has complained about such as Mrs. Azcona (9th-Geometry) and Mrs. Morgan (9th-Biology) who 1. dont teach the lesson because of one student's actions and 2. Instead of being a model for the students to follow use uncharacteristic tactics and repetitive tests sometimes day after one another. But other wise this is pretty good school considering all the things I've heard about the othe junior high schools around HEB.

Harwood junior high is a very good school. My son has been going there for 2 years and the teachers and faculty have always gone above and beyond to make sure my child is getting a good education. The sports programs they have our excellent the coaching is very good and the principal is always on topof any issues that may arise with students. There is a very good mix of different nationalities and I'm very happy with education my son is having I recommend the school to anyone

Harwood Junior High is hit & miss. For the most part, I've given a pass to some of the things that happen at this school, but the most recent really upset me. My son, who spends weekends at his dad's house, was pulled in and questioned about a missing cell phone that "pinged" a few blocks away from his dad's house in SE Euless. Problem is, the phone went missing Monday, when he was at our house in N Bedford. Instead of using logic and asking questions to rule him out, he was threatened with warrants to "tear apart his house" and the arrest of his father. Make sure your child knows to request the presence of their parent or guardian when/if questioned. The district is within their rights according to the code of conduct, but if I had known they were going to treat questionings like something out of Law & Order, I never would have signed it.

Harwood Jr High is a great school. The staff are very friendly and are passionate about their job. The school has lots of diversities, which helps the kids learn and live with people of all nationalities. My childs first year went very smoothly and she's excited about the new year as an 8th grader.

We are so pleased with Harwood Jr. High! Our son has had a wonderful first year. . .he had some struggles getting along with teachers in Elementary school, so we were concerned about the transition to Jr. High. He loves his teachers so much, that he cannot decide which is his favorite. We are also pleased and impressed with the band program at HJH. Its hard to believe they've been playing such a short time together. The instructors are firm and the kids have learned a great deal. The office staff is also friendly. This was another problem we had in elementary, an acceptable, but generally unfriendly office staff. We hope 8th and 9th grade go as well. Great job, HJH!

My daughter attended Harwood Junior High School for the first time this year in 8th Grade. The principals were subjective, fair and consistant in disciplining. The teachers went out of there way to assist my daughter, who was having trouble in math and science etc. with organization all together. Which made my daughter more outgoing and come out of her shell (so to speak). Principal Donaho, and teacher Mrs. Versland, Mrs. Ingraham are the best.

Along with the great learning experience they also have an excellent athletics program. My daughters volleyball team has been undefeated for 2 years now. Absolutely 0 losses.... The coaches are professional quality. Another reason for the wins is the training that www.TexasImageVolleyball.com provides. This is a great school with smart teachers and highly rated principals.

My daughter is presently in eighth grade at HJH. She came from out of state from a magnet program. Seventh grade was fairly easy for her, and I am happy that eighth grade is challenging her academically. She has four preAP core classes and a foreign language and is considering entering the IB program in high school. The only reasons I didn't give HJH five stars are the limited choices of electives (no Theater classes, forensics or Creative Writing) and the limited number of after school clubs which are offered in the more aflluent neighboring school districts.

HEY!!! I am a student at harwood junior high. I'm going into the 8th grade. But my point is this school is amazing. It's really nice. Sure the teachers can be a tad bit mean but they only want what's best for you:) Either that or they only want their paycheck:P No but seriously everything they teach from just simple math or life lessons, It's very informative and educational. Thus i recommend this school to any parents.

Last modified Harwood J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.