Bedford, TX

Shady Brook Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2014
This is the worst school my daughter and my co worker's children have been too. Both of our families will be attending different schools next year. My child has always enjoyed going to school and has excelled in one of the the best school districts in DFW. She dreads going to school and has no connection with any of her three teachers. The teachers do not have their classrooms under control!! She is in 4th grade and so is my co workers child and they are bullied by the boys. My daughter has been pushed repeatedly by several boys in her class and I have the stains to prove it. I have a patient who's child goes there and her daughter in 3rd grade was on the side walk being beat up by a group of boys and one girl while walking home close to school. This school (the Teachers and students) have sucked the joy out of my daughter going to school!! Again this is a child who has excelled and loved school and now dreads it. If I can save one child this was worth writing this. I wish I had better news.

Shady Brook Elementary School 4

Posted December 21, 2013
Shadybrook: To the upset parent. Summer school can never be a guarantee that your child will pass on to the next grade. If he cannot do the work, how can they move him up? Your goal should not be to keep your sons moving up, it should be to help them gain knowledge. My grandson attends Shadybrook and they are very caring and child oriented. He loves his school and his mother does also. we help him with his homework. That is her job and mine when she is at work and unavailable to help him. If he fails, it is largely our fault for not paying attention. You cannot look at one grade and decide everything is fine. Notebooks come home and it is your responsibility to look at everything and help with any problems your child is having. No school is perfect, just as no parent is.

Shady Brook Elementary School 5

Posted December 20, 2013
I have two students who attend shadybrook. a first grader and a second grader. Shadybrook is a wonderful school. My children have great teachers who care for my children like there own. I love the staff they always are there to help me. I have never had a problem this school is absolutely amazing.

Shady Brook Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2013
I am very upset with Shady Brook. My boys went to this school the last two years and my 3rd grader did not pass the math portion of the STAAR test and I was told he had to do summer school. I was under the impression that attending summer school would ensure his promotion to 4th. WRONG. Also was not told until I was taking my boys to school for the first day at a different school. They never even told me. I was blind sighted. Now both of my boys are in the same grade which is unacceptable. He passed all his classes and holding him back seems very extreme. The real slap in the face was the first graded math assignment that has come home this year was a 100. I am fighting this and will not stop until they move him up. No compassion, they don't care. They only have to hold back 5th and 8th graders by law. Every other grade is at their discretion. Get ready for the fight!!

Shady Brook Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2010
My daughter has been at Shady Brook since kindergarten, and is now in 2nd grade. She is reading at an early 4th grade level and has an awesome teacher. Her teacher is extremely nice, very patient and understanding. So far we've had nothing but positive experiences with this school, although some members of the PTA can be a little snotty. I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted April 24, 2010
The teachers at Shady Brook are truly passionate about teaching and giving their best to all of the kids! The children are happy and learning!

Shady Brook Elementary School 5

Posted April 16, 2010
My daughter is in Kindergarten and the teacher has been wonderful. The principal and counselors have been very helpful in helping my daughter adjust to Kindergarten. They have a great and active PTA and they hold many school events for the children. They offer suzuki strings and all sorts of fine arts activities. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted April 12, 2010
We are in the #1 School District in the State of TX, HEB ISD. WE are in Exemplary Campus, we offer CORE Knowledge courses, we have awesome teachers, Principals and incredible Students!

Posted April 12, 2010
Shady Brook is in the HEB School District located in Bedford, Texas. Our shcool district was rated #1 in the state for the 4th time. Our campus has an Exemplary rating and our district offers some of the best programs of any district anywhere. The teachers are very dedicated, the administration is hard working, the students are awesome and we have a fantastic PTA.

Posted April 12, 2010
We have some incredible teachers that go above and beyond and are truly dedicated to educating children!!

Shady Brook Elementary School
2601 Shady Brook Drive, Bedford, TX  76021
Last modified Shady Brook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shady Brook Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top