Bad
Good

Posted May 14, 2016
My son has attended school since kindergarten and will continue to attend. My son enjoys not only his teachers but the entire staff and his awesome friends. I have only great things to say about Shady Brook Elementary.

Posted August 04, 2015
The teacher didn't know how to handle my son so she refused him lunch and separated him from other kids even when he did nothing wrong. One day his teacher call me 15 minutes before his holiday party to tell me to come get my son because he threw a fit (5). When I told her that I was already on my way up there for the party, she insisted that I come to get him. When I got there he looked as calm as can be and was waiting patiently for me in the office. I am sooooooooo glad my son is not in this school any more!!! My son is very smart and they just tried to label my son as a problem child being five years old. Good luck to whom ever chooses to take their children there.

Shady Brook Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2014
The school playrground needs to be treated with pest control and the food choices are very unhealthy in the cafeteria. Safety is an issue for overcrowding when picking your child up from school.

Posted January 26, 2014
This is the worst school my daughter and my co worker's children have been too. Both of our families will be attending different schools next year. My child has always enjoyed going to school and has excelled in one of the the best school districts in DFW. She dreads going to school and has no connection with any of her three teachers. The teachers do not have their classrooms under control!! She is in 4th grade and so is my co workers child and they are bullied by the boys. My daughter has been pushed repeatedly by several boys in her class and I have the stains to prove it. I have a patient who's child goes there and her daughter in 3rd grade was on the side walk being beat up by a group of boys and one girl while walking home close to school. This school (the Teachers and students) have sucked the joy out of my daughter going to school!! Again this is a child who has excelled and loved school and now dreads it. If I can save one child this was worth writing this. I wish I had better news.

Shady Brook Elementary School 4

Posted December 21, 2013
Shadybrook: To the upset parent. Summer school can never be a guarantee that your child will pass on to the next grade. If he cannot do the work, how can they move him up? Your goal should not be to keep your sons moving up, it should be to help them gain knowledge. My grandson attends Shadybrook and they are very caring and child oriented. He loves his school and his mother does also. we help him with his homework. That is her job and mine when she is at work and unavailable to help him. If he fails, it is largely our fault for not paying attention. You cannot look at one grade and decide everything is fine. Notebooks come home and it is your responsibility to look at everything and help with any problems your child is having. No school is perfect, just as no parent is.

Posted December 20, 2013
I have two students who attend shadybrook. a first grader and a second grader. Shadybrook is a wonderful school. My children have great teachers who care for my children like there own. I love the staff they always are there to help me. I have never had a problem this school is absolutely amazing.

Posted September 03, 2013
I am very upset with Shady Brook. My boys went to this school the last two years and my 3rd grader did not pass the math portion of the STAAR test and I was told he had to do summer school. I was under the impression that attending summer school would ensure his promotion to 4th. WRONG. Also was not told until I was taking my boys to school for the first day at a different school. They never even told me. I was blind sighted. Now both of my boys are in the same grade which is unacceptable. He passed all his classes and holding him back seems very extreme. The real slap in the face was the first graded math assignment that has come home this year was a 100. I am fighting this and will not stop until they move him up. No compassion, they don't care. They only have to hold back 5th and 8th graders by law. Every other grade is at their discretion. Get ready for the fight!!

Shady Brook Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2010
My daughter has been at Shady Brook since kindergarten, and is now in 2nd grade. She is reading at an early 4th grade level and has an awesome teacher. Her teacher is extremely nice, very patient and understanding. So far we've had nothing but positive experiences with this school, although some members of the PTA can be a little snotty. I would definitely recommend this school.

Shady Brook Elementary School

Posted April 24, 2010
The teachers at Shady Brook are truly passionate about teaching and giving their best to all of the kids! The children are happy and learning!

Posted April 16, 2010
My daughter is in Kindergarten and the teacher has been wonderful. The principal and counselors have been very helpful in helping my daughter adjust to Kindergarten. They have a great and active PTA and they hold many school events for the children. They offer suzuki strings and all sorts of fine arts activities. I would highly recommend this school.

Shady Brook Elementary School
2601 Shady Brook Drive, Bedford, TX  76021
Last modified Shady Brook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.