No rating

St Vincent's School

Private | PK-11

Living in Bedford

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $111,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted April 30, 2014

My son is in the 3 year old class and his teacher is amazing. Everyday he wants to go to school to learn. He already knows all his letters, sounds, numbers to 20, how to spell not only his name but every one in his class. St. Vincent's has a strong Christian faith from the moment school starts in chapel. It makes a mother proud to say prayers with her son at night as he recites The Lord's Prayer. I would not trust any other school with my son and WE are looking forward to next year!

Posted April 1, 2014

This is our third at this school and it is amazing!! The teachers and staff truly care about my children. I love the small class size, daily chapel, after school activities, and religious classes. My children are building a great foundation from both an acadimic and religious standpoint. You can't go wrong with their hot lunches either. We look forward to many more years at St. Vincents!

Posted January 12, 2014

My children started at St. Vincent's in the 3 year-old class. We are in the middle of our fourth year at St. Vincent's. We have had such a positive experience. The teachers are truly invested in our children and go the extra step to help our kids succeed. The teacher to student ratio allows individual attention when needed. I love that each day begins with chapel. I frequently hear my kiddos singing hymns around the house and it puts a huge smile on my face knowing they are songs that they sing in chapel. To be celebrating their 50th Anniversary this year, you know that St. Vincent's is doing something right!

Posted May 2, 2013

We love St. Vincent s School and the impact it has had on our children. The teachers really care about bringing out the best in each student. We ve been impressed with the caliber of their curriculum and feel confident that our children are getting the best education available. We have found the teachers to be pro-active in meeting the needs of both of our children and they are always available to meet with parents. I ve watched my son go from being painfully shy to being unafraid to speak in front of a room of people. I love that they start every day with a chapel service that teaches the children about God s love for them. This school has consistently exceeded our expectations. It s been said before, but there is just something special about this school. I recently heard someone describe it as a sense of peace that they feel when they come into the school.

Posted April 30, 2013

Be aware of the deceptive nature of this school especially from the marketing director during the application process. Also, if you dispute the application fee, all the information on your application will be sent in to the credit card company from the school, which was not authorized,but done by the school to prove their case I am thankful that after meeting the above person, we knew this school was not for us. Maybe the school principal can use the app. fee for sensitivity training of his marketing director.

Posted June 15, 2012

This school denied enrollment for my 9 year old daughter simply because they thought she was too 'slow' for their standards. They called and left a voice mail telling us this, and not to bother to come back. We never did talk to them again and they sent our inquiries to secretaries and voice mail without returning them. REPEATED attempts to find out what about my daughter was not acceptable to the school was met with threats and disrespect. I would NOT recommend this school. Even if the teachers are terrific (which we have no idea about) this implies a front office management style and a lack of Christian values that are serious warning signs.

Posted January 15, 2012

We love this school and are so thankful to have found it. I think academically it is one of the best in the metroplex. Because of the small class sizes, the teachers are able to meet the individual needs of the students and determine where they need more challenge and where they need a little extra help. As great as the scholastics are, we've found that its the warm, caring and Christian environment that makes the students here different. They have a kindness and confidence about them that shines through. My children love participating in the chess club and school sports. We've been here for 5+ years (since preschool program) and have no desire to go anywhere else.

Posted July 7, 2011

This is a fantastic school. I have two children attending, and plan on the third one starting when he is old enough. The teachers care about the development of each individual child, and due to the small class size, they can help with any learning differences. The moral enviornment can not be beat and I appreciate knowing who my children are making friends with. Academics and character development are both important, this makes for a very well rounded child. The money for a private education is worth every penny, it is well worth the investment at this school. The parents are very involved and the administration is open and willing to discuss any issues.

Posted May 31, 2011

Great school with fantastic teachers. Preschool and kindergarten teachers were helpful and took kids on a great journey throughout the year. Love this school and would definetely send all of my children here.

Posted October 26, 2010

My child was a former student at St. Vincent's. I had written a review before, but for some reason it was removed. I do agree with they have fantastic teachers and academics. Their chapel is beautiful. Love their garden. However, they do not incorporate biblical teachings into any of the academics and contrary to what we were originally told about being non denominational they are definitely very traditional Episcopal. (including having all the kids drink out of the same cup for eucharist, etc.) If you are considering this school and not Episcopal, better check out the chapel service first.

Posted May 1, 2010

I have been at St. Vincent's for 9 years, I am about to graduate from 8th grade, and leave for high school. St. Vincent's has prepared me greatly for high school. The students are all very kind and friendly, as well as the teachers. Everybody is like a big family since there are not very many people. It is a very small school, but it is very prestigious, and very nurturing to each individaul student. It is a very safe environment in a nice part of town. Everybody gets to play any sport they want too, no try outs. Even with such a small school and few athletes, St. Vincent's has accomplished many sports championships. St. Vincent's offers co-Ed tennis, co-Ed soccer, girl's volleyball, football, girls and boys basketball and co-Ed track. You can start playing sports as young as fourth grade.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 5, 2010

Great school, but pricey. Higher than most other Christian based prechools.

Posted May 4, 2009

I am a proud student at the wonderful St. Vincent's School. My first year at SVS was pre Kindergarten ,and I am now in 8th grade. SVS shows you how to be a leader. I wake up every morning excited to go to school. St. Vincent's is like a 2ed home to me.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 14, 2008

ST. Vincents is an excellent school. My 2nd grade child is learning the equivalent work of 3rd grade in public school. In addition, they learn manners, such as opening doors for adults, community service, that they would not get in public school.

Posted February 18, 2008

St. Vincent's is great school, with a wonderful envrionment, and wonderful teachers. A great community.

Posted February 7, 2006

My daughter is in her 3rd year at St. Vincent's. She is currently in the second grade. We have really enjoyed her being in school at SVEC. It is a wonderful, loving environment for children to learn in. Our daughter has exceled as they challenge her academically in a small classroom environment. She has had more one-on-one interaction with the teachers as her class size has never been larger than 12. She has also enjoyed their enrichment programs in art, music, computer, and spanish. We have also never had any problems with her peers. The children all get along very well and respect each other and the teachers. The school starts each day with a 20 minute chapel time which helps children start their day focused on God. I do wish they had biblical teaching incorporated throughout their curriculum. However, they choose to focus on academics and market to all beliefs.

Posted January 20, 2006

My child is in the Pre-K class and enjoys it thoroughly. She is learning music, spanish, doing lots of hands on activities and has chapel every morning. The staff are friendly and the teacher retention is very high. The price, however, is somewhat high.

Posted January 5, 2006

We love the school. Wonderful teachers and academics.

Posted September 4, 2003

St. Vincent's is an oasis in the educational desert of Texas. The students have wide-ranging academic opportunities and are taught by hands-on teachers. The school's Episcopal affiliation is the foundation of it's mission of achievement and excellence.

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAES
Fax number
  • (817) 354-5073

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious