Bellaire High School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
Too large and too many parentally driven students devoid of personalities unable to relate to outside of classroom situations. Attendance there and non performance in the top 10% (which means you must be a merit scholar) guarantees that you cannot even apply to a Texas State University since top 10% takes up 80%-90% of freshman class at any State school. Whole school geared to Asian and Indian students with 2400 test scores, as other reviews indicate, good B+ students lost in shuffle.

Bellaire High School 2

Posted September 09, 2014
I went to Bellaire back from 2008-2012. Bellaire is great for AP students, but for all others, including special ed, it is the complete opposite. During my time there, I was in all regular classes and considered to be a special ed student because I have ADD. To be quite frank, the education that I was receiving from my teachers was SUB PAR and I was never encouraged to do better. A lot of stereotyping goes on in the class as well. Blacks and Latinos make up most of the regular classes so the teacher does what they can to make sure that they pass without actually learning anything. What they fail to realize is that students (like me) actually care about their education and actually want to go to college just like the AP kids do. I am now a junior at American University in Washington, DC give no credit to Bellaire for my academic success. I had to learn the hard way that college was a different ball game because the teachers at Bellaire did not bother to teach me or challenge me to broader horizons. What Bellaire should do is treat ALL they're students equally for the sake of their education and challenge them to do better for themselves.

Posted June 05, 2014
Bellaire High School is a terrific high school. I highly recommend it. The principal and teachers are excellent. My daughter just graduated, after spending all four years at Bellaire. The teachers are challenging and fair. There are a wide variety of sports and other activities with which to get involved. The college coordinator sends lots of information and answers e-mails and phone calls promptly.

Posted August 15, 2013
If you want a true high school experience, then Bellaire is the right school for you! The school is a melting pot of all kinds of people, and gives you a glimpse of the real world. The people are good and the teachers, although there are some who just want to destroy your experience. The lunch is so-so, and there is a wide variety of food to choose from (as long as you have the money). Lastly, you can wear those clothing your middle school had made a big deal about, because there is free dress.

Posted April 12, 2012
I am currently a junior at Bellaire and know it's ins and outs. There are so many clubs and opportunities, it is highly competitive, especially in the top 5-10%. Bellaire students are good at everything, except for maybe football and band. the work is extremely time consuming, as most of the great students are involved in multitudinous extracurriculars. The facility is horrendous; the bathrooms are horrible, the A/C is unpredictable, and it looks like a prison. Walking down the hallways, you will see great diversity:class skippers, homework procrastinators, couples, fights, loiterers, the like. You get a full high school experience here. Some of the teachers are great, most are mediocre at best. I admit, it's the most competitive and academically succesful school in houston with a very diverse group of students. I have so far enjoyed my years at bellaire, but i feel that i could perform so much better in a not so competitive environment. Bellaire is where cheating is the norm and the students are nocturnal.

Posted May 29, 2011
BEST high school ever I've been in this school for a year, but it is so far the best school that I've ever attended. Bellaire has great teachers, and people here are really friendly and nice. Even though this school is very crowded, it has really good environment. This school has lots of different languages to choose from, along with many courses and sports. It also has many different levels to choose from (regular, college prep, pre-ap, AP, pre-IB, and IB). Even though there can be a lot of work, with few hours to sleep, but this will prepare you for later on in college. - A junior at BHS

Posted December 17, 2010
Bellaire is by far the BEST public school around. Though it doesn't get as good of ratings as CVHS or Debakey or some other schools, it is by far a better school. I have many friends and have visited debakey and talked with the students there, and I attended Carnegie, supposedly one of the top schools in the nation, for a year. Bellaire's curriculum is far better and more advanced than Carnegie's, and it has so many more opportunities and a better, happier environment than Debakey. Bellaire gives students the opportunity to grow and develop as people, and to choose their path in life. Though I can mostly only speak for the advanced courses, in general the teachers and administration have been EXTREMELY supportive and accommodating, as long as one has a willingness to learn and puts in effort as best they can. It is very stressful, and at times difficult to handle, and I definitely do not get the amount of sleep I should, but it is definitely worth it because the overall experience is so wonderful.

Posted October 18, 2010
Its diverse but really challenging

Bellaire High School 0

Posted February 09, 2010
Well, I have a contrary opinion to the previous viewer.Bellaire has a very healthy environment and Yes, you have to work hard to go to the Ivy League and if there is no competition kids often complaint it is Boaring and off course hard work pays off.Bellaire is a great school very safe,great programs and very near to medical center.I reccomend Bellaire high school to anyone who wants their kids to be focus and do well overall.

Bellaire High School 3

Posted January 12, 2010
There are definitely many criterions to consider when one attempts to objectify the quality of a school. If you look at highschool as a vehicle to an Ivy League or a Tier-1 college, then Bellaire is the perfect choice for you. However, the academic environment, while inspiring, is rather fierce. For many, the aggressiveness and the competitive nature of the school is too much to handle. Students will literally have many instances where the workload is simply too much to handle, even if the student do not sleep. My personal sleep schedule never allows me more than 5 hours of sleep, after which I must once again return to a mundane cycle of study, eat, study, and then sleep. Of course, this mundane lifestyle succeeded in rocketing me into an Ivy League school, yet I often question myself whether it was worth it all. Reflections by a Bellaire Senior

Bellaire High School
5100 Maple Street, Bellaire, TX  77401
Last modified Bellaire High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bellaire High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top