Condit Elementary School 3

Posted September 06, 2013
It is a mixed bag - and a lot depends on the teacher. There are some gems (Boedecker, Hilderman, Thomilson, Pete). But many may be too overwhelmed to care and teach only for the test scores. Bullying is an issue that needs to be tackled. If your child is in GT - your are probably fine. If your child fails to make it or gets out of GT for any reason, it is a problem. "Non-GT" students get a less challenging environment and so may not perform enough to get back into GT. Imagine what might happen if this carries forward into middle and High schools. It is ridiculous system that judges children so young and "tracks" them for failure for no fault of theirs. I love my children enough not to put them at the mercy of such a system. It may be the legislation and the system at fault but I honestly feel that the teachers can do a lot more and treat each child with care. One word of advice - if you are in Condit, be very visible and active in PTO. I have seen children of those active in PTO get in the right classes and, of course your child will love you for it.

Condit Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2012
We relocated to Texas this past year. Our son is in 5th grade. Compared to the schools in his home state, academically, the expectations are higher. The downside is that coming from out of area, we couldn't access the GT classes this year which meant my son really didn't connect with the other kids, and the environment in the classrooms wasn't great. Not the schools fault -- just a lot of parents who either don't care, or are too overwhelmed to care. The classes are very segregated between GT and regular. Without a pathway for transferring students to enter GT classes easily, we spent the last year repeating a lot of material, and our son has made few friends. Clearly a lot of prejudice exists between the wealthier patrons of the school and the economically disadvantaged population that are also zoned here. Way too much standardized testing, but we can blame the legislature for that, not the schools.

Condit Elementary School 3

Posted February 06, 2012
This is a good school as far as test scores go. My problem with it is that they seem way too preoccupied with standardized testing. The kids spend entirely too much time on worksheets, and very little time on actual application of concepts. In the upper grades, actual application of concepts are restricted to the kids deemed "gifted and talented" by their standardized test scores. Ours is in kindergarten, and we are hoping to transition him to a school that offers more life experiences and less disgruntled teachers (not their fault...really due to district policies) before he hits third grade.

Posted November 27, 2010
Condit is the quintessential elementary school. Everyone is welcoming. Kindergarten (Mrs. Davis) and Mrs. Peguero (1st grade) are amazing and your kids will not get a better education. The principal, Mr. Bowyer, is so kid friendly. Parents are very involved in this school. amazing reading program. Absolutely perfect!

Posted November 09, 2010
I can honestly say that having my kids attend Condit makes me feel like the best parent in the world. From Kindergarten to 5th Grade, our 2 boys were challenged, and at the same time nuirtured by the wonderful teachers and staff. Plus, you can't ask for a better principal. All of the parent volunteers, and all of the activities at the school make this the best elementary in the Houston area, hands down. If you don't believe me, check out all of the awards given by private organizations, and you'll always find Condit on top.

Condit Elementary School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
I love Condit Elementary because of the great teachers and awesome principal who love our Condit Kids and use every effort to help them not only to academically achieve, but also to support them according to their individual needs to help them become healthy, confident and happy young people.

Posted August 12, 2009
Condit Elementary is a wonderful school. My family and I arrived in the Houston area in the fall of 2005 and were welcomed with open arms. We are very appreciative of Condit and the hard work and parental involvment that takes place on a daily baisis. The teachers are excellent and the activities throughout the year are wonderful Keep up the exemplary work!

Posted May 17, 2009
My daughter is ending her first grade year at Condit and the staff has been wonderful since we started. She has moved her grades from C's at the beginning of the year to A's at the end. She actually enjoys learning about the different things the class covers. The parents and families are all very involved and kind and have been very welcoming. I would definately recommend this school and neighborhood to anyone!

Condit Elementary School 0

Posted May 09, 2009
Condit is the best elementary School.We loved it.Excellent staff.Principal is great too.Parent involvement is super.If you are in Houston this is the School you want your kids to go.We loved it.

Posted April 07, 2009
We love Condit! My two daughters attend this school and have had the best experience here. The staff is terrific and they welcome parent involvement. We absolutely love the music class that is offered. And, the principal, what can we say. We love him, too!

Condit Elementary School
7000 South 3rd Street, Bellaire, TX  77401
Last modified Condit Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Condit Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top