Posted October 07, 2014
Very good school. The atmosphere from teachers to students is amazing ! Very good academic and athletic programs overall. Also, a lot of close attention from teachers/staff to students to help the student achieve goals.

Episcopal High School 4

Posted August 04, 2014
My son completed his first year @ EHS and it has proven to be one of the best decisions he and I have agreed upon. The school's academic rigor, college counseling, teacher involvement and commitment is far beyond previous experience at another private HS. There is a since of pride among the students and diversity is encouraged at all levels from clubs, sports, the arts, etc. Lastly, parent involvement is refreshing and the investment in providing well-rounded intellects with a sense of social awareness is a key integral part of EHS's daily activities.

Posted March 25, 2014
As we prepare to send another of our children to EHS, we are reminded once again if the things we love about the school. First, our child has been happy each day. The personal relationship with teachers is made possible by keeping classroom sizes small. The teachers are interactive and personable with students, creating a classroom environment that welcomes conversation and laughter along with learning. Students at EHS don't simply sit in lecture and memorize facts. It's a creative and encouraging environment. Our child has been able to grow in areas such as the arts, technology and sports because each of these areas are offered during the school day or just after school. The after school tutorials are excellent and receive full support by holding start time of activities until they conclude. Overall, the environment at EHS is supportive, personal and caring. Each student is encouraged to develop their own strengths and to contribute in many ways. Overall a great chouce for families who have made the decision to seek private education for high school.

Posted December 29, 2013
Best high school in the city! Kids are more well rounded and go to great colleges!

Episcopal High School 1

Posted December 11, 2013
Parents have no access to their child's grades other than 4 report cards a year. I was notified that my son's grades were in D range by U.S. mail two full months into the year. I was told by Nancy Eisen that the reason grades are not accessible to parents is because, "This is high school." I left a detailed voice mail for Headmaster, Ned Smith, asking that he call me back and that I wanted to speak with him directly. He chose not to. Instead, he passed it back down to Nancy and had her call me for him. I told her it was unacceptable that she call instead of him as I had specifically requested. I get the message Mr. Ned Smith. I hope this review gets the message out to other parents experiencing this big problem as there are many of us. We are told we may contact our kids teachers regarding their academic progress, yet not a single one of us has ever received a reply. Not one. With a click of my phone I can access my other's child's grades on HISD Grade Speed. I wanted to voice my concerns about the issue to Ned Smith but he doesn't want to hear it.

Episcopal High School 2

Posted October 28, 2013
Notorious for high alcohol and drug abuse among students. The students are generally the rich kids who did not manage to get into St. John's or Kinkaid, or are recruited for athletics. Academics at Episcopal is not nearly as strong as other schools. Overwhelmingly expensive as well. Not worth it.

Episcopal High School 4

Posted July 08, 2013
Great academic education that is well rounded with exposure to all forms of art from visual to perfomance. Students are encouraged to find a talent outside of the usual sports arena in which they can develop and flourish. Sports of all typers are offered and EHS though its only about 400 students, competes in 5A High School baseball. I went to this school and found the Theology that is offered both in a classroom setting as well as in daily prayer, to be administered fairly whose main focus is to help people draw stregth from the daily lectures.

Posted April 15, 2012
This school has strong leadership in the academics, arts, sports, and religion. It has been a great experience for our child to really reach their potential. So pleased with EHS!

Posted June 09, 2011
I have found that EHS strives to follow it's mission to the fullest. It offers diverse programs in support of all four pillars, however, I feel the strongest aspect of this school is the community and how everyone supports that mission and each other. After working here for 3 years and being new to the educational environment I myself feel more well rounded individual. I look forward to living the EHS mission for many more years.

Episcopal High School 1