Bad
Good

Not sure my nephew and his sister went to the school last year. .We keep getting uneasy feeling. You see my nephew is black and school is in a Mexican neighborhood, Most everyone there is Mexican . We thought it would be good to put him and his sister in the school to help them become more well around My nephew has some issue with his temper . We have taken him to counseling . He seems to be doing better. Be truthful he did better last year with this temper. But still had a couple melt downs. Any way his mom when to school to meet with his new teacher and all they talk about was the issue they had last year. It give us a funny feeling its like they are against him.

Ripley House charter is a really good school, the middle school is a whole different story. My children have attended Ripley since Kinder garden and it was one of the best elementary schools out there. Now my children attend the middle school. I have to say it is the worst. My children come home without homework, they did not start learning until late October - early November. Everything changed since the staff changed. The food is horrible but that been that way for a couple of years. The kids come home starving! I give the elementary 5 stars although that was from the 2011 - 2012 school year before the staff change. The middle school, I give 1 star. Your child would get a better education from Yes Prep, Gateway, or Kipp. I'm looking to change my children out as well. Already many parents have had their children make the move to other middle schools.

I have yet to find a school in the Houston area that cares as much about their students as Ripley House. I wish I had the time to drive my Son across town so that he could have continued at Ripley but unfortunately I don't. This is one of the best schools in Houston in my opinion. Not only do they give them great academics but the behavior of the students is impressive. The principal always knew my Son by his name and there are a ton of after school activities that he participated in. My search for a school as great as Ripley continues.

My daughter has been with Ripley since Kinder. She is now a 5th grader and I am dreading that she is going to be leaving! The faculty and staff have been wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! As for the principal I love that she shows a more personal level with the students! She knows ALL the students by their name! I am so happy I have another chils to continue getting an education through this Charter School! Thank you guys so much for caring for the communitys children!

If you want an excellent academic program and a caring, personalized environment, then Ripley House Charter School is the right place for your child.

I'm a parent at RHCSand we love this school ..I have two kids there,an a time ago we went to the other city and left the school...but we most back no one school is like this one!! We love this school..their treat every kids as a child..This a good oportunity for your child!

I'm overwhelmingly happy that my children are going here this year. I can see and feel that the teachers and the after school programers are a very caring staff, my kids love the school. I can't ask for anything more, for me as a parent, to not worry on a daily bases if thier children are doing ok.

I am a teacher at Ripley House and can honestly say that this is the best school I've ever worked in. Parental involvement is great, the faculty members are very professional and supportive of one another, and the leadership is excellent. I feel both secure and motivated at this school. Ripley House has a very prominent place in the community and provides great services to the community, not just in terms of education, but also in terms of opportunities for community involvement. You don't usually find this kind of thing in a charter school.

Last modified Ripley House Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.