Washington Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2013
I have 3 children who attend this school, 1st,3rd & 5th and I am very dissatisfied with this school. They have attended for two years, the homework load is UNBELIEVABLE! My 1st grader comes home with 1-2 hrs of homework a day, most of it standardized testing related. Ironically enough they have not learned hardly anything (especially if it doesn't pertain to the staar test),and as a matter of fact my 5th grader failed staar last year due to the backwards teaching methods and very little one on one time. My oldest daughter is currently doing expanded notation although she has not been taught place value. How can a child possibly learn in this manner? By the way we come from a smaller district 45 minutes away and had no difficulties in that district. I do NOT recommend this school!

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2013
My son is in Kindergarten at Washington. I don't feel that he has learned much more than he had already learned in Pre-K. They also don't communicate well with the parents on ANYTHING, we just got a simple paragraph in the (not so weekly) newsletter saying what all of the kindergarten classes were learning. Letters to parents come late. Example: This week the kids were supposed to dress different each day - (that's what it said in this MONDAY's newsletter) but there would be a separate sheet given that would let us know what to dress them in. Today is TUESDAY & I still don't know how to dress him. I guess he just won't take part this week since I guess I will not be getting the paper. They have only sent out 1 lunch/breakfast menu all year long. Oh, and make SURE that you put money on your child's lunch card, even if you send their lunch with them daily, because you WILL get a note sent home each day saying there is a zero balance and you will get an automated phone call every night saying the same! It drove me crazy!

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted December 04, 2008
This is a great school. My son is in second grade. His teacher is very supportive and she always motivate him to do his best.

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted January 29, 2008
This is a great school. My son has been going here since he started school and they have worked with him through his disabilities and diabeties. They encourage their students to do their best and also for the parents to get involved with their child. They are one of the best in Big Spring, Texas. They believe in the child and want the child to succeed not like other cities that really act like they do not care.

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2006

Washington Elementary School
708 East 11th Place, Big Spring, TX  79720
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top