Bad
Good

My school is AWESOME, and the teachers are excellents! Mrs. Bella Thompson is very professional and attentive with the parents and us students.

I have had my children in 3 elementary schools in the EMS-ISD school district and Gililland far exceeds my expectations compared to the other two elementary schools. We love my two daughter's teachers and have enjoyed the activities that the school has provided. The principal helped me to solve several problems and acted promptly to clear matters. Compared to the other elementary schools the teachers and the administrators all care very much about the children and make it a great academic place to be.

Gililland is a GREAT place for children and families alike. I have had 3 children attend Gililland, and all my children have excelled academically due to an above average staff and innovative teaching techniques. There is VERY little parent involvement which is difficult at times, but the SUPER-involved staff picks up where the parents leave off. The discipline could be a bit more consistent...but it seems as though it is getting better with time. Gililland is very diverse and community centered and is an asset to any child s elementary school experience.

This was a wonderful school! My niece went to Gililland and she thrived even with a disability. My son went there for Kindergarten and he had the most wonderful teacher. I was very impressed with the involvement the parents were able to have in this school. GREAT SCHOOL!

My children have done very well at Gililland and I am impressed by its overall quality. The principal has been a great help to us and some of my neighbor's kids as well. My children's teachers have been great too.

My child has enjoyed her teachers each year. She has learned far more at Gililland than her previous school. Parents and teachers are very supportive. The principal is lacking in support for teachers in regards to behavior problems and has very limited participation in school activities. You will rarely see her walking around campus or interacting with students. She seems to be trying to run the school like a middle school instead of the elementary school it is.

Last modified L A Gililland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.