Bad
Good

Posted May 09, 2015
Love the school! 2014-2015 was our first year here however, we have been pretty pleased. We have an exchange student from Germany and everyone has been so accepting, helpful and sweet to her! I was worried about it with BR being such a small school but I have to say I'm impressed at how well they handled the situation.

Posted February 24, 2010
BRISD was the worst thing that could have ever happened to my education. i just moved to a larger, better school that is up to speed. and because i stayed in blue ridge so long im WAY behind. DO NOT put your children through that.

Posted January 22, 2010
Blue Ridge HS is a good school and improving significantly each and every year. I'm proud that my kids attend this district. We've been in larger districts that are able to offer more extracurricular classes but the attention that the kids receive here is priceless. I cannot say enough about the new administration and the leaps forward that this district has enjoyed over the last few years.... Thank you. Stacey DeLeon

Blue Ridge High School

Posted May 02, 2008
I have had experience with this school as an alumni and as a teacher, I wouldn't recomend this school to any family looking to settle in BR. Its unorganized, no one stays longer than a couple of years usually and the one's who day stay are part of a 'social clique.' Its an odd little town, I was raised there and attended that school from grades K-12. If your looking to this school district, I would suggest to homeschool or place your child in a school accepting surrounding transfer. Spending the money is worth it.

Blue Ridge High School 5

Posted November 10, 2007
The faculty and staff of Blue Ridge High School are well educated and compassionate about the students. They diligently educate all students on a daily basis, and I am extremely pleased my child is in this school district.

Posted November 06, 2007
Dr. Seabolt, the new high school principal is doing a great job of raising expectations. He is absolutely restoring discipline to the campus. He is improving academics everywhere. I applaud what he is doing. I want a better high school for my child and I believe in him. I truly believe he can help us achieve Recognized status for the first time under TAKS.

Posted October 22, 2007
I have three children in this school system and am so dissapointed in the system as a whole I could cry. They seem to have their priorities screwed up. There is more importance put toward sports than academic achievement. I would move my children tomorrow if I could, but do not want to pay the transfer fees. I just wish that I could get a good education for my children from Blue Ridge considering how much school taxes I pay. I would not recommend moving to this school district to anyone. We need to make some big changes.

Posted December 16, 2004
My child has been in BRISD for two years now. I am a teacher myself and had to relocate my child because of a career change. My husband and I are currently researching school districts to find one that will be more suitable for our children. I think the #1 problem is lack of communication with parents. I also feel that they are lacking in their academics. I would definetly not recommend BRISD to anyone.

Blue Ridge High School 3

Posted April 23, 2004
I love BR, but would not recommend the school. School does not apear to be focused on the right things. I would ask around before I moved here, ask teachers and parents that are not admin or school board.

Posted April 23, 2004
My experience at this school was one of great disgust. This school cares more for the athletics than the arts and have a policy which states that any publicly recorded grade cannot be below a fifty. I dont know about anyone else but i would much rather recieve a grade i thought i deserved than one that was given to me for sitting on my butt. My children will not be attending this poor excuse for a school.

Blue Ridge High School
11020 County Road 504, Blue Ridge, TX  75424
Last modified Blue Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.