Blue Ridge, TX

Posted February 24, 2010
BRISD was the worst thing that could have ever happened to my education. i just moved to a larger, better school that is up to speed. and because i stayed in blue ridge so long im WAY behind. DO NOT put your children through that.

Blue Ridge High School 4

Posted January 22, 2010
Blue Ridge HS is a good school and improving significantly each and every year. I'm proud that my kids attend this district. We've been in larger districts that are able to offer more extracurricular classes but the attention that the kids receive here is priceless. I cannot say enough about the new administration and the leaps forward that this district has enjoyed over the last few years.... Thank you. Stacey DeLeon

Blue Ridge High School 5

Posted July 23, 2008

Blue Ridge High School 0

Posted May 02, 2008
I have had experience with this school as an alumni and as a teacher, I wouldn't recomend this school to any family looking to settle in BR. Its unorganized, no one stays longer than a couple of years usually and the one's who day stay are part of a 'social clique.' Its an odd little town, I was raised there and attended that school from grades K-12. If your looking to this school district, I would suggest to homeschool or place your child in a school accepting surrounding transfer. Spending the money is worth it.

Blue Ridge High School 5

Posted November 10, 2007
The faculty and staff of Blue Ridge High School are well educated and compassionate about the students. They diligently educate all students on a daily basis, and I am extremely pleased my child is in this school district.

Blue Ridge High School 4

Posted November 06, 2007
Dr. Seabolt, the new high school principal is doing a great job of raising expectations. He is absolutely restoring discipline to the campus. He is improving academics everywhere. I applaud what he is doing. I want a better high school for my child and I believe in him. I truly believe he can help us achieve Recognized status for the first time under TAKS.

Posted October 22, 2007
I have three children in this school system and am so dissapointed in the system as a whole I could cry. They seem to have their priorities screwed up. There is more importance put toward sports than academic achievement. I would move my children tomorrow if I could, but do not want to pay the transfer fees. I just wish that I could get a good education for my children from Blue Ridge considering how much school taxes I pay. I would not recommend moving to this school district to anyone. We need to make some big changes.

Blue Ridge High School 3

Posted May 21, 2006
- a former student

Blue Ridge High School 2

Posted May 27, 2005
- a staff

Posted December 16, 2004
My child has been in BRISD for two years now. I am a teacher myself and had to relocate my child because of a career change. My husband and I are currently researching school districts to find one that will be more suitable for our children. I think the #1 problem is lack of communication with parents. I also feel that they are lacking in their academics. I would definetly not recommend BRISD to anyone.

Blue Ridge High School
11020 County Road 504, Blue Ridge, TX  75424
Last modified Blue Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Ridge High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top