Posted March 08, 2013
Brownsboro High School has the greatest quality of teachers, staff, and students. It is a family oriented atmosphere, truly is concerned with student success both in the classroom and in life. I am proud to call Brownsboro ISD my home. Thank you for doing an outstanding job in educating our students. The teachers and staff at BHS clearly exemplify the core values of Character, Integrity, Work Ethic and Unity.

Brownsboro High School 2

Posted January 01, 2013
I am a former student and I do believe that some of the teachers have a favorite and don't get on to them as much as others. I know it is true because they did the same thing to my sister and she had to go and get her GED instead of a high school diploma. It was because of the assistant principal that they had at the time I'm sure now it has changed. I believe the only reason the why this school is getting more strict on the dress code is because they want to get approved for uniforms. When I was going their they were denied for uniforms because they could not enforce the dress code they had much less uniforms so that's why I believe they have got more strict with every little thing like earrings, hair color, ect... but that is no excuse for showing favoritism towards other students that like to be different. They should be able to fix their dress code so it is only pointing out what they wear clothing wise not how they do their hair or what they put in their ears. Next thing you know they will try to tell students they can't carry purses or something crazy like that. This school needs help because they defiantly have some problems.

Posted October 26, 2010
I am a Sophomore and have been here since first grade. This school has problems. Most of the teachers are prejudice against people who wear a lot of black. Teachers say they don't have favorite students but thats a lie. The school claims not to discriminate but I've found many flaws in that area. for example: boys can't wear ear rings but girls can. Goth/emo/punk or anything similar is discriminated against. For example: Last year i dyed some of my hair purple, I got I.S.S. on the 3rd day after dyeing my hair. But I know of at least 6 preppy teacher's pets who had pink hair for 3 weeks and they weren't punished. And I had to take out my color and they didn't. I brought it to the school's attention and they didn't do anything about it. I wish i could say more but theres a word limit

Brownsboro High School 4

Posted November 13, 2009
I am a former student at BISD and a current parent of a junior high student and a high school student. Like all schools, this one has a few issues, but overall it is a good school. I had no problem transitioning into college from there, and I performed well in college with the base of education I received at Brownsboro. My kids are both flourishing there. Just this morning, I met with Mr. Wooten, the high school principal, about an issue between my daughter and one of her teachers. Within an hour, he called me at work to inform me of the actions he took to address the issue. He is a fine man, and there are many fine teachers throughout the school system, several of whom attend my church. The school and community make this the best place for my family. Class of 1986

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted September 05, 2009
I am in Intermediate at B-Boro and I love it my mom and dad are both teachers at the high school so if ur moving to this area go to brownsboro its really a great school!

Brownsboro High School 4

Posted September 03, 2009

Posted May 22, 2009
Mr. Wooten, the principal, is new and should be given a chance to make things better. As in most small towns, most of the emphasis is placed on football, and there aren't many extra curricular activities. My son was in AP, but chose to take reg classes. His English teacher, no longer there, was wonderful, but she wasn't like the other teachers. Mr. Wooten promises to find more like her in the future, so maybe things will change.

Posted May 21, 2009
Mrs. Wesley and Mrs. Porsh make this school what they are because they are exquisite teachers. Mrs. Wesley has helped a tremendous amount on my writing skills and being a leader instead of a follower. She is funny and has a gret personality.

Brownsboro High School 2

Posted February 27, 2008
It is getting better with recent administration changes. Still one big change needed, however, but he will have to retire. There are some great teachers and staff that really care if students (no matter whose children they are) learn and they care for their emotional well being. There just isn't enough of those type teachers. Too many coaches.

Brownsboro High School
P O Box 465, Brownsboro, TX  75756
Last modified Brownsboro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brownsboro High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top