Bad
Good

I believe that they tend to avoid parent meetings, specially in regards to my son's progress. I just started getting help for my son who has dyslexia, at the beginning of this school year when he was held back in 1st grade again and I had been requesting it since he was in preschool when I noticed his special way of learning. The teachers need to involve the parents in the way our kids are getting taught. In example, I would like training on the methods the teacher is using to teach my son so I can help him at home. There needs to be more communication. I am new to this and I know there's more help for him out there and they are not willing to share or advise me. I don't want my child to stay behind and this is so hard for me to understand why they can't give the advise. I mean it doesn't cost them anything to share their knowledge, but I guess they do the passion for a child's education. The teachers are there for the job that pays their bills, they have a degree and that is all that matters. I refuse to let my child stay behind and I will do as much as I can within my reach to help him be better than me and always feel proud to be "Exceptionally Special Lion".

My daughter has been at this school for the past two years (Pre-K & Kinder) and she just started the 1st grade. It is a good school with good teachers and was just recently rated by TEA as Exemplary and Recognized the previous three years. My only complaint is with the distrcit zoning. There are just too many students at this school. School staff tell me it is one, if not the biggest, school in the district as far as enrollment.

Last modified Gonzalez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.