St Mary's Catholic School 0

Posted October 21, 2009
I have a 4th grader and a 1st grader that currently attend St. Mary's. I really love the school and feel that it is a warm, caring place for my kids to be everyday. The academics are vigorous in the upper grades. Children are prepared well for public school as well as for the private high schools (particularly St. Joseph Academy where most of the graduating 6th graders go to.) This school is very good about not inundating kids with homework in the lower grades. The new principal is wonderful and the principal and new vice-principal have done a great job of bringing in fresh ideas. Parents are very involved. I would like to see a better Spanish program, but the administration has said they hope to improve that next year. They have a science lab that the upper grades use. The Montessori program is outstanding.

St Mary's Catholic School 0

Posted March 19, 2009
I went to St.Mary's catholic school and it was a great school now I currently have a child enrolled there and I am very proud to have her in the best school in brownsville. She is learning at a more advanced level.

Posted June 01, 2008
I'm a graduated student from St.Mary's, and I bealive it is the best school in the valley of Texas. This School reinforces the bealive in the Roman Catholic Religion. Also, this school has the best teachers and are on a modern system of education.

Posted August 15, 2007
This is the Best school I had the best years here i loved my teachers.

Posted June 23, 2007
St. Mary's Catholic School should have more healthy food and a more modern system such as computers and diferent study objects. The School is to old when it comes technology. Althought St. Mary's could use some improvments I still highly recommened it for any kid that wants to be in a very stpiritual community

Posted June 22, 2006
My children have been part of the St. Mary's Catholic School family since they were 3 years old. I have two children in middle school and am pleased to announce that they are both National Junior Honor Society members. Recently my daughter was nominated for the Junior CYLC and my son was elected MVP for several sports at his new school. I credit their accomplishments to the St. Mary's Catholic School staff. As with any child, if you work hard to achieve your goal you will be ready for anything that comes your way even if it is your weakest school subject. I thank the teachers and staff of St. Mary's for having my children reading, multiplying, dividing, adding, subtracting and recognizing parts of speech before event entering 1st grade. Thank you St. Mary's Catholic School for laying down a great foundation for my children.

Posted May 05, 2006

Posted March 30, 2006
- a former student

Posted February 06, 2006
My kids have been in this school for the past 6 years, and I like the warm feeling of being there, it has a lot of parent involvement and the extracurricular activities are enough for the kids. The academic programs are starting to be somewhat short, the school needs to update some and make them more challenging for the kids. Their math program needs improvement since when the kids move out to the middle schools they find that they are weak in this area. The staff in general is very into the kids, but some teachers need to work on their skills to become better teachers. The school has a great leadership in the pastor, and the kids love the principal.

Posted August 02, 2005
I have had my four kids there for over six years. Very good caring teachers, principal. Strong curriculum, innovative. I recommend it strongly.

St Mary's Catholic School
1300 East Los Ebanos Boulevard, Brownsville, TX  78520
Last modified St Mary's Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
St Mary's Catholic School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top