PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

If you are considering enrolling your child in this school, might want to check their curriculum and poor academics. They have very few resources to help students succeed and don't challenge them enough..... they leave it to the parents. The classrooms needs lot of improvement, restrooms and not to mention the staff is not very professional. There is favoritism toward those who belong to the church or are family members of the staff.

Excellent, excellent, excellent. My children ( 6 & 8) love to go to school everyday. Teachers and staff are great. They care and they are always willing to help the kids.

First Baptist School... I remember it so clearly, I was young... and clueless about many things. I just remember nap time being so fun. Kinder 4 is where it was at, haha, i remember so vividly. Sometimes I wished it wasnt the end of my youth. I remember growing up as a toddler and it was painful at first now and then, cause i was nervous. It was tough. I was a child. scared to meet new people. I remember going into 1st grade. then and there I met a wonderful teacher as my 1st grade teacher. She was amazing. Smart, Charming, and taught me my spelling to my math and reading. I felt like a genius reading ridiculously fast in reading class. 2nd grade came and I loved that teacher to death and miss her dearly...all went on field trips to our parents career job to examine how to get life started. My 3rd grade teacher was from Scotland and taught us how to dance her Culture and in a sense since im Asian, a sense for mine. My 4th grade Hawaiian and strong willed such a lady she was ... 5th Grade is when the turning point came. 5th grade where our class would grow rogether until 8th grade. It's...an experience i'll never forget For it was a beautiful Experience and I'm honored to have done.

My two grandchildren moved from public school to Brownsville First Baptist School in their 4th and 5th grade years. They were in the gifted student program in the Brownsville public schools, but their grades were at the bottom of the class for the first few months at First Baptist School. However, the excellent teachers there would dedicate their own personal time to stay after school and tutor my two grandsons. Within a couple of months, both grandsons' grades were near the tops of their classes. They teach using tried and true methods, and emphasize learning and understanding, rather than wrote memorization and teaching for standardized tests. The tuition is in the $300 to $400 per month range per child, which I consider a steal when compared to the quality of education they receive. Again, I don't have the words to express how much I love this school.

I love the teachers from this school because they make the time to meet with the student individually if he/she is having problems understanding a subject. You can tell they really care for the student progress.

First Baptist School is an excellent example of a hardworking, appreciative school. It rocks!

Last modified First Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12