Posted August 25, 2009
It's the 2nd day of school and I have to admit everything was very well organized. Thanks to Dr. Linda Gallegos our new principle. She seems to keep things moving along smoothly. Although my 3 children pre-k, 2nd and 4th graders all came home saying that school was very boring I hope to hear nicer things today. I really wish that Dr. Linda Gallegos and the teachers can get together and discuss a way to make Gallegos a learning and fun successfull school.. You know 'Children happy to learn' My 4th grader came from skinner elementary a few years ago and ever since she got to Gallegos she complains that she hates school so much and doesn't want to go anymore. My husband and I talk to her and do our best to keep her motivated.

Posted January 03, 2007

Posted November 08, 2006
I think they are good and nice with the student's but sometimes they need to pay more attention to them before school starts.especially on rainy days.I think they should build a little porch like at the entrance of the cafetria.so that when it rains the kids don't get wet and its better for the parent too. Yes I know you probably don't have the money for it but we can make a fund raiser to build that .like the one we did with the chocolates.

Posted October 26, 2006
I think gallegos should have a gifted and talent program for kids that qualify for that program. My daughter is in it but they told me gallegos doesn't have a program for them.

Posted October 05, 2006

Posted September 09, 2005

Posted August 11, 2005
I thing the school is great. But theirs some things that need to change,like when we have our parent meetings or christmas presentation it needs to be more organize. Theirs also some teachers that need more improvement and need to be nicer to the students. The office staff needs some improvement with the parents. And need to be more helpfull. mother concern

Posted October 22, 2004
I highly recommend Dr Gallegos elementary school. The office staff is courteous and cooperative. The teachers are very dedicated, and caring.My 5th grade child looks forward to attending every day. DR Davila is a real asset to this school.

Posted August 30, 2004
This school shows extaordinary concern for it'students. The staff has not only given academic boost to my grandchild, but has supported her emotionally. I am deeply grateful. T.P.R.

Posted August 30, 2004
This school shows extraordinary concern for it's students. The staff has given not only an academic boost to my grandchild, but great emotional support. She looks forward to attending every day. I am deeply grateful. T.P.R.

Gallegos Elementary School
2700 Avenida Rancho Viejo, Brownsville, TX  78526
Last modified Gallegos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gallegos Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top