Brownsville, TX
Students enrolled: 2,005

Porter High School 1

Posted May 19, 2011
We don't do anything in this school but sleep and text. I realize that all the teachers expect nothing from you! students here don't believe in ambition. The hard truth, I even have video footage of my everyday school day on youtube. Whoever rates this higher than one star might be for the very same reason that yes, we do have a lot of chat time and text but that misses the point. A school in New York or Los Angeles would be very diffrent. Where are all ther artists, singers, actors, writers, presidents, and inspirational people from? L.A. or NYC of coarse. Have you ever heard of a Denzel Washington from Brownsville or Porter HS? The point is that Porter is a school that hides kids from the fact that we are meaningless little ignorants. Well said.

Porter High School

Posted May 07, 2009
I attended Porter H.S. my junior year, and as long as school spirit and students involvement I saw a great amount of it. The teacher and programs they have are meant to help students move ahead and catch up. I strongly believed this is a great school.

Porter High School 5

Posted March 26, 2009
the porter high school is one of the best school i went to,i hope many students do good,the teachers are very good to work with,so i think that porter is one of the best school to be at....

Porter High School 3

Posted July 29, 2007
I agree that the HS of Technology is an excellent program and strongly advise against the choir program as well.

Porter High School 3

Posted August 23, 2005
Academic programs are great! Especially the H.S.of Technology! There isa lot of availability for extracurricular activites, but I would strongly not advise the music program. (choir)! Excellent parental invovlement!

Porter High School 5

Posted May 25, 2004
I think its one of the best schools in Brownsville because the students have a alot of school involvement.

Porter High School
3500 International Boulevard, Brownsville, TX  78521
Last modified Porter High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Porter High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top