Brownsville, TX

Posted February 29, 2012
I Would Really Like To Encourage This School To People Even Myself To Go But Noo...I Rather Be in Sports and Have good Grades instead of getting myself into Drugs And ?Gangs? Yeaaa Low class Academics well you can say Teachers Do ALot For Students But Really Some Students Have To Get Expelled To Many Gangs And Drugs In This School

Posted August 23, 2011
this school has really gone down hill since the new principal took charge if you ask me the old one should have stayed

Lopez High School 3

Posted October 18, 2009

Lopez High School 0

Posted September 19, 2008
this school is great! The teachers are awesome i'm a 9th grader and i'm passing all my classes! This school is doing just great...we students are doing just fine! WE DON'T TRY TO HIDE OUR LOBO PRIDE!

Lopez High School 5

Posted April 17, 2008

Lopez High School 4

Posted February 28, 2008
This school may have some problems but the staff has found many ways to control the school. As for its academics the students applying for the school do their best to stay at lopez. I am proud to be a student at this school, and they do care about our grades not only to make us better but to keep us going. As a student at lopez Im in one of the many fine art programs and I am acheiving my current and future goals.

Lopez High School 5

Posted October 31, 2007

Posted June 01, 2007
the quality of academics is really not good in this school I would say it is very poor.the extracurricular activities are some what good and the level of parent involvement I really have not seen any at all in this school

Posted February 22, 2005
The quality of the programs offered at the school are magnificent. Unfortunatley I cannot say the same for the staff and adminstration. If you see the technology, dance and music programs you can immediately see that those instructor's are genuinely dedicated to their position to instruct student's to the best of their knowledge and ability. Just research on how much the band and dance team have accomplished and how well they are known for it. Academically the faculty is not concerned or just does not have the knowledge to prepare these student's for college. If they are doing so poor with their academics at this school, you know that they will not make it in college. The administration has be replaced with concerned, not burned out people that really care. The STUDENT'S make them shine. Not good.

Lopez High School 3

Posted October 28, 2004
To my experience with my 14 year old 9th grader, this school is not very focus on student improvement. My son has been very dedicated in the past with his grades, this year he failed the first six weeks and is again failing the second. Had previously advised teachers to please send notifications either by phone or e-mail and my requests have not been granted. Seriously considering to transfer him to another school. Yes, it does offer all those academic programs but what good are they if the teachers are not concerned with the student's success.

Lopez High School
3205 South Dakota Avenue, Brownsville, TX  78521
Last modified Lopez High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lopez High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top