Bryan, TX

Posted March 07, 2014
I received a phone call from my 14 year old sister-in-law stating that she got detention and one day suspension for defending herself against a bully. It all started during class with the teacher present, then the other kid punched her in the face and broke her glasses. An the school said there is nothing they can do about it. The other kid only got one day suspension. On top of that they would not give her phone back to her for spring break.

Posted October 09, 2013
I have seen this school go through 3 principals and too many teachers to count. Starting with Mr Garcia, which I thought was the best. The rest only stayed a year, this year its a lady, I hope she can make a change for the good! Its a BAD SCHOOL! There is no one there who could ensure our kids safety! You can walk around anywhere in the school. My best bet is to take my child out and home school him. Also the people in the office areas are rude, and not helpful at all. For such a young school its a shame it has had to become such a shambles. It seems no one cares. The only thing it has going for it is the Kick Start program,which has a grt. teacher and role model.

Posted May 28, 2012
This school is just awful and I would never send my child here. I use to substitute teach at it and the 7th graders were throwing chairs and threatening me. Discipline is out the door, it is only a few years old and the school is covered in filthy graffiti, especially in the bathrooms. Also the new principle is highly inexperienced, immature, and on a complete and total power trip. The teachers are also unorganized and extremely rude. This is one of the worse middle schools in the area. Send your kids to College Station or Mumford, ten times better.

Arthur L Davila Middle School 4

Posted March 04, 2011
They have the most rudest Attendance Ladies I have ever meet. It's more of a I Don't Care feeling when you go in to take out your child or to enter your child to school after an appointment.

Arthur L Davila Middle School 5

Posted January 17, 2011
Davila is been a great experience for my son this year. The Chuck Norris Kick Start program is the best program at the school. The belt ceremony was awesome and the gym was packed with parents. I am proud to have my kids at Davila.

Arthur L Davila Middle School 5

Posted May 27, 2010
Year one at DMS (08-09) was very difficult for everyone. However, year two with new and experienced administrators and teachers who want to teach has been a tremendous success. The school has made great strides in helping all students feel safe, academics has improved significantly, and the overall climate as you walk into the school is more welcoming and inviting. My G.T. child will be attending the KickStart program and I have the utmost confidence in the administrators and staff. I highly recommend that you join me in getting involved in the PTO and learn directly from those who are on the front line about the great things happening at Davila M.S. Sincerely, A proud Texan parent

Posted May 26, 2010
My child has been going to Davila and has not had a great experience! Since the beginning of the school year he has been picked up by other students daily. I have gotten numerous calls about his behavior but never when he has been attacked. Recently he was suspended for fighting, the principal's report..'I heard a body fall to the floor (my child's name). Then I saw another student jump on him & start throwing punches. (My child) then began punching back' ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!! He is suspended for self defense? This school has given me and my family grief since the beginning and if I had my way, we wouldn't be zoned to attend. Next year I will be taking him to another school and hope to never hear the name Arthur Davila again!

Arthur L Davila Middle School 2

Posted February 05, 2010

Posted November 19, 2009
I am proud to say Arthur L Davila is a good school. A lot of positive changes have been made and most of the problems have been adressed. Thanks for making this school a good one to attend......... A very proud parent

Posted August 04, 2009
The discipline policy at Davila was not enforced. The teachers were sub rate and poor in classroom management. The zero tolerance policy for bullying was a joke. No kid should have to put up with this poor of a public school.

Arthur L Davila Middle School
2751 North Earl Rudder Freeway, Bryan, TX  77803
Last modified Arthur L Davila Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arthur L Davila Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top