Jack C Hays High School 2

Posted November 15, 2013
It depends on the teachers that you get for class. Some care some didn't. Their are some problem with the school though like student conduct.

Posted August 22, 2013
I rated this as a 1 due to, particularly 2 coaches, the way they choose students for teams. These coaches are very misleading and lead students to believe one thing and then just slam the door on them. I will be following the academics of these students to see what impact this has on them this year. This school really needs to monitor their coaches better.

Jack C Hays High School 3

Posted March 19, 2013
I went to Hays High School my junior and senior year. Some teachers care and some didn't. Most of the times the teachers had favorites and it wasn't hidden. The teachers try to be too much of a friend and gossip buddy. While football, band, ect. are all "important" things in every high school. I can truly say that if you are "somebody" at Hays, meaning you play football ect. you can get away with almost anything even failing grades. The Priorities at Hays HS are all Jacked up. Race is an issue. The issue isn't because of the confederate flag at all. It comes in with how they handle dress code issues with different races. Don't get me wrong I liked Hays for the most part. I also participated in many different clubs. But, I'm not going to say good things about it just because I had a decent time there. The school needs lots of improvement.

Jack C Hays High School 4

Posted November 28, 2012
I am a sophomore at this school, and truthfully, it is not bad. A good chunk of the teachers still know what it was like when they were teenagers, and are pretty easy to connect with. The only reason anyone really fails here is because they don not apply themselves. There are some "bad eggs" in this group, but there are a lot more respectable people than our rival school. I have fun learning here, and consider my teachers friends...but the APs are useless, and just like any school, you are judged by a number.

Posted November 02, 2010
i am a 9th grader here and this school is terrible im planning to transfer as soon as i can too Austin this school has so many problems like non helping teachers stupid principle low test scores it cares more about football and cheerleaders than academics its racist and sexist almost everybody does weed and drugs and gets away whit everything no parental involvement and so many other things i hate it here what ever you do dont move here and it will just get worse whit more and more diversity so please dont for your children's sake unless hes a red neck bone head joc then hell fit perfect here

Posted May 19, 2010
What a FAILING system being run at the middle and high school levels of this district! Does anybody at these levels work? You have teachers w/ mandatory tutorial periods who DO NOT utilize them...just another off period. The staff there focuses more on being your child's peer rather than support the child academically or socially. Why be the bad guy in education, when you can act the same age as the student and be their best friend. Where are the positive role models of life long learning?

Posted May 19, 2010
Get as far away from this district as you can! My child went from A's & B's w/ Commended Performance on TAKS to failing with no support, parental notification, or effort of any kind. Let me put it this way, there is a WAITING LINE to get into SUMMER SCHOOL! Hays would rather profit off of your child's failure via $200/ course while your child sits in front of a computer being taught what a teacher should have been doing all year long.

Posted January 03, 2010

Posted September 25, 2009

Posted September 20, 2009
Because we have an AMAZING debate program, even though we lack a coach. We just wen to our first tournament, and won it!

Jack C Hays High School
4800 Jack C Hays Trail, Buda, TX  78610
Last modified Jack C Hays High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jack C Hays High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top