Burkburnett, TX

Posted October 03, 2014
We have had our 3rd grade child here for 2 months at Hardin. I am unhappy with the ipads . They do no work with them . They have Facebook and face time icons ready to install. In school my child is encouraged to download app games rather than books or home work. Meaning, it has yet to have anything to do with the corriculum. As far as the teachers, they never respond to anything written. Short end, I am not pleased with my childs academic results. In fact I have seen none. Looking through other schools nearby personally. I hope I find something.

Burkburnett Middle School 4

Posted September 18, 2014
BMS is a great school with knowledgeable and caring teachers. It's true they don't send home a lot of homework, but it is because they take care of business during the school day, which I appreciate very much. They challenge the kids, but do so in a reasonable and realistic manner. The community is also great for sports.

Posted September 26, 2013
We just moved her from a state know for its border Problems and Hispanic influenced gang activities And I will tell you that I have never seem or experienced the Most disrespectful students and bullying that Is allowed in the classrooms at Burkburnett! It is unreal, you can tell the students that are favored right off the back! It's very sad and academically I haven't seen one ounce of homework From my 7th grader! So much for high school/ college prep!

Posted December 11, 2012
First year military parent. My daughter is in the 7th grade at BMS and absolutely loves it. I am very impressed with the teachers, curriculum, after school sports activities, as well as communication. Having been in 5th and 6th grade at Sheppard Elementary School we had the choice of choosing middle schools and after extensive review i am glad that we picked BMS. The transition has been seamless. We love this school!

Burkburnett Middle School 2

Posted February 09, 2011
This school might be 'good' educationally but it REALLY stinks as far as student bullying. There are too many of the 'chosen few' that are allowed to get away with ANYTHING at anytime...ie atheletes, rich, most popular. Everyone else is just fodder for them. Get to know your counselor because you WILL get to know the Vice principal very well. I would not recommend this school for anyone frankly and detest that this school is the only one available to people who live here.

Posted June 14, 2010
This school has been a HUGE disappointment! I had heard that this was one of the best school districts around, BAH! For the 2 years that my daughter has attended this school it has been nothing but a hassle. The administration pays attention only when they want to, and of course they have their favorite students. The curriculum is based strictly off the TAKS test and if a child needs help... tough!!! Out of all the teachers she had, there was only one that would return any of my emails, phone calls and such. I really hope if someone puts their child here that they also have a counselor on hand, because their child will need it to deal with the horrible teachers and even meaner 'local' children!!

Burkburnett Middle School 2

Posted September 02, 2006
I think that this school, as all schools in Texas, have a very horrible program. All they teach the kids is things that is on the TAKS test. My son came home one day from school and said that Christopher Columbus discovered america. I was shocked that they didn't teach him right AND that he's just learning this in the 7th grade.

Burkburnett Middle School 3

Posted July 12, 2005
I have one child that attended this school for 7th and 8th grade and a child that is attending now. Overall I have been fairly pleased with the school. Mrs. Ballard has been especially helpful. She kept me very informed about her class via e-mail. The school does seem to have a lot of problems with fights that the principal appears to be unwilling to acknowledge. The Pre-AP classes are a big plus, the math program is a big negative.

Posted November 17, 2004
I think BMS should be pround of their teachers. Especially the 7th grade social studies teacher and pre-ap english teacher. What assets you have! I am proud my daughter goes to this school with the exception of the secretary who takes care of tardies. Kids arent always late due to their own actions. Sometimes there are circumstances that cant be helped and the kids shouldn't be reprimanded to the point they are in tears. Even if they have a note from a parent, it isnt good enough. Nobody is perfect, and if the parent sends a note saying it wasnt their fault, their is absolutely no reason for the child to be told that he/she should have walked to school. This is the only problem I have with BMS. Other than that, it is a good school with superb and caring teachers.

Posted April 07, 2004
Since moving to Texas 3 years ago, two of our four children attended BJHS. We have been very impressed with the quality of teachers and the academic expectations. Our youngest daughter is very involved in extra curricular activities such as tennis,soccer and UIL choir. She is in AP English, which has at times been difficult but has challenged her to reach beyond her potential. She gets frustrated when she doesn't get an A on an assignment in that class, but it is great in that she makes herself work harder! I have to admit that the teacher who has made a very significant difference in her self esteem is Ms Clampitt. She is incredible with these kids, which I have seen on several occasions.Its great to see a teacher willing to go the extra mile! To all of her teachers,we appreciate you so much! Sincerly, Johna Lindsay...the mom

Burkburnett Middle School
102 South Ave D, Burkburnett, TX  76354
Last modified Burkburnett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burkburnett Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top