Burkburnett, TX

Posted October 03, 2014
We have had our 3rd grade child here for 2 months at Hardin. I am unhappy with the ipads . They do no work with them . They have Facebook and face time icons ready to install. In school my child is encouraged to download app games rather than books or home work. Meaning, it has yet to have anything to do with the corriculum. As far as the teachers, they never respond to anything written. Short end, I am not pleased with my childs academic results. In fact I have seen none. Looking through other schools nearby personally. I hope I find something.

Burkburnett Middle School 4

Posted September 18, 2014
BMS is a great school with knowledgeable and caring teachers. It's true they don't send home a lot of homework, but it is because they take care of business during the school day, which I appreciate very much. They challenge the kids, but do so in a reasonable and realistic manner. The community is also great for sports.

Posted September 26, 2013
We just moved her from a state know for its border Problems and Hispanic influenced gang activities And I will tell you that I have never seem or experienced the Most disrespectful students and bullying that Is allowed in the classrooms at Burkburnett! It is unreal, you can tell the students that are favored right off the back! It's very sad and academically I haven't seen one ounce of homework From my 7th grader! So much for high school/ college prep!

Burkburnett Middle School 5

Posted December 11, 2012
First year military parent. My daughter is in the 7th grade at BMS and absolutely loves it. I am very impressed with the teachers, curriculum, after school sports activities, as well as communication. Having been in 5th and 6th grade at Sheppard Elementary School we had the choice of choosing middle schools and after extensive review i am glad that we picked BMS. The transition has been seamless. We love this school!

Posted February 09, 2011
This school might be 'good' educationally but it REALLY stinks as far as student bullying. There are too many of the 'chosen few' that are allowed to get away with ANYTHING at anytime...ie atheletes, rich, most popular. Everyone else is just fodder for them. Get to know your counselor because you WILL get to know the Vice principal very well. I would not recommend this school for anyone frankly and detest that this school is the only one available to people who live here.

Posted June 14, 2010
This school has been a HUGE disappointment! I had heard that this was one of the best school districts around, BAH! For the 2 years that my daughter has attended this school it has been nothing but a hassle. The administration pays attention only when they want to, and of course they have their favorite students. The curriculum is based strictly off the TAKS test and if a child needs help... tough!!! Out of all the teachers she had, there was only one that would return any of my emails, phone calls and such. I really hope if someone puts their child here that they also have a counselor on hand, because their child will need it to deal with the horrible teachers and even meaner 'local' children!!

Burkburnett Middle School 4

Posted August 20, 2007

Burkburnett Middle School 3

Posted September 24, 2006

Posted September 02, 2006
I think that this school, as all schools in Texas, have a very horrible program. All they teach the kids is things that is on the TAKS test. My son came home one day from school and said that Christopher Columbus discovered america. I was shocked that they didn't teach him right AND that he's just learning this in the 7th grade.

Posted September 15, 2005

Burkburnett Middle School
102 South Ave D, Burkburnett, TX  76354
Last modified Burkburnett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burkburnett Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top