Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The school has a STEM focus and the kids are well mannered and seem to get a lot of encouragement and extra attention from the teachers. My kids loved BMS.

We are a military family, and our child has an ARD. Our child has high functioning autism. Our child is supposed to receive support services (counseling, organizational support, content mastery time), but does not receive such services. The school "forgot" to enroll my child in PE for the first 8 weeks of school. I say all of that to say, this school might be fine for 95% of students. But, for the 5% of kids who need extra support services, they fall completely flat.

BMS is a great school with knowledgeable and caring teachers. It's true they don't send home a lot of homework, but it is because they take care of business during the school day, which I appreciate very much. They challenge the kids, but do so in a reasonable and realistic manner. The community is also great for sports.

We just moved her from a state know for its border Problems and Hispanic influenced gang activities And I will tell you that I have never seem or experienced the Most disrespectful students and bullying that Is allowed in the classrooms at Burkburnett! It is unreal, you can tell the students that are favored right off the back! It's very sad and academically I haven't seen one ounce of homework From my 7th grader! So much for high school/ college prep!

First year military parent. My daughter is in the 7th grade at BMS and absolutely loves it. I am very impressed with the teachers, curriculum, after school sports activities, as well as communication. Having been in 5th and 6th grade at Sheppard Elementary School we had the choice of choosing middle schools and after extensive review i am glad that we picked BMS. The transition has been seamless. We love this school!

This school might be 'good' educationally but it REALLY stinks as far as student bullying. There are too many of the 'chosen few' that are allowed to get away with ANYTHING at anytime...ie atheletes, rich, most popular. Everyone else is just fodder for them. Get to know your counselor because you WILL get to know the Vice principal very well. I would not recommend this school for anyone frankly and detest that this school is the only one available to people who live here.

This school has been a HUGE disappointment! I had heard that this was one of the best school districts around, BAH! For the 2 years that my daughter has attended this school it has been nothing but a hassle. The administration pays attention only when they want to, and of course they have their favorite students. The curriculum is based strictly off the TAKS test and if a child needs help... tough!!! Out of all the teachers she had, there was only one that would return any of my emails, phone calls and such. I really hope if someone puts their child here that they also have a counselor on hand, because their child will need it to deal with the horrible teachers and even meaner 'local' children!!

Last modified Burkburnett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.