Hughes Middle School 3

Posted June 14, 2014
I hate to say it, but Burleson ISD is gong the way of the dogs. I guess thats what does happen when the old superintendent is more concerned with the nurses than the job. This new guy seems OK, but where's the changes? Purge these awful principals the schools were saddled with the last few years! Nobody is happy. We go to the other middle school for sports on the weekend, and it's just as crummy as Hughes is, which is expected since we all went to high school there! School districts around us have technology for every kid, and we go hire more deputy superintendents at 6-figure salaries, and pretty girls for communication jobs. And the teachers are leaving here! I think they are punishing people for voting down the corrupt bond issue. Besides LeFreak, and the burglar being caught, that's all we talked about the other night, something stinks in BISD, and it ain't the kids!

Posted May 16, 2014
I wish I had never put my child in this school. Bad administration, poor teachers, enviro men is horrible.....will not be there next yr. they punish everyone on for the actions of a few....over the basic needs of life!!!! One thing is restroom breaks....my child stopped drinking water, because they would not let her go to the bathroom....she ended up w/ health issues. The school should be sued!!!! The worst principle I have ever seen....no caring bone in her body!!!!

Hughes Middle School 2

Posted February 11, 2014
HMS is not that great a school. My son left Frazier Elementary loving school and not wanting to miss any. Within a month of starting Frazier, he said the kids were treated like prisoners in a jail. He got to the point it was a fight to get him up for school and he seemed to always be sick (legitimately). Speaking with other parents while my son attended this school, our experiences dont seem to be unique. I think part of the problem is that Burleson has invested in many large, new elementary schools and added a large new High School while still using the two middle schools. This contributes to overcrowding.

Posted May 23, 2013
I moved here from Florida last year and enrolled my 6th grader and truly wish I considered a different school. This school is horrible.There's bullying and the teachers say it's just teasing that the children have to learn to deal with other children. The front office staff is very rude and unhelpful.walked in one day and overheard a parent talking on the phone with front desk personnel asking for information and the lady at the front was very rude and unhelpful she kept saying I don't know and dismissing her questions instead of saying I don't know but I can find out for you. The attendance clerk is lacking people skills.Its a shame because if their treating parents with no regard imagine our children.

Posted March 06, 2013
Pitiful. No communication. Dangerous. Uncaring staff. Don't expect any teacher, principal, or counselor initiated contact.

Posted May 24, 2012
This school has teaches that do not follow through and do not communicate. They do not follow rules. Administration will always pass the buck and put you off for any problems. Dangerous area with children getting hit by cars as well. I pulled my oldest out and homeschooled because of Hughes. Now I have my last one there and find no change. So glad that this is his last year there. Be careful and watch what happens. You must be alert and proactive to help you student at this school

Hughes Middle School 4

Posted July 29, 2009

Posted April 08, 2009

Posted April 14, 2008
My daughter started attending Hughes since we relocated in Spring of 2006. The school seems to be run more like a child prison than a school. I have talked with many parents in regards to the poor leadership at this school and have the same feed back. My child is in mostly AP classes with excellent grades. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for parents with children who are struggling. I feel Hughes works AGAINST parents and not with parents. Too many problems too list. Fortunately, the principal will be retiring after this year and the parents and staff are anxiously awaiting. There is hope for Hughes!

Hughes Middle School 4

Posted January 28, 2008

Hughes Middle School
316 Southwest Thomas Street, Burleson, TX  76028
Last modified Hughes Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hughes Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top