Bad
Good

Both of my daughters attend this school. They love their teachers and classmates. I've never heard anything bad from other parents when I am picking them up from school. The school has been around for awhile so they are very involved with fundraisers and the community. The year just started and they have had several family events and school functions for families to attend. I love this school and so do my kids.

I have had enough with this school.Ran poorly,The principal and the ASST principal are a Joke.seriously they need to focus on the kids and not themselves I will be going to the admin building and placing a complaint.If you reading this and feel the same way post how you feel Things will never change until we all stand up for our children.This school needs help needs to be put back together the correct way I have done some research and it seems this school has the most issues and turn over rate then any other .Hello thats a sign to go in and fix the problem.Put a real music room in there we are also the only ones who dont have a art teacher.Really these are our kids we gotta stand up for our rights.There is a an act called the no child left behind act do they follow it NO they also have a thing they follow about bullies Do they follow it NO..They should have to follow these but they do not Im sick and tired of listening to the teachers scream at there kids and put them down because they should know how ti do something..NOT if your not teaching and loving each child and trying to help each child why are you a teacher?

2 of my children attended/attends Bess Race. It is a horrible school. I believe the best thing for the ENTIRE CROWLEY SCHOOL District would be to ONLY allow CROWLEY RESIDENTS to attend Crowley schools. The district allows to many transfers and OUR CHILDREN are SUFFERING for it!! I have lived here for 15 years, my husband his entire life and we are now moving because of this. There is a huge lack of communication between staff and parents.

My son Evan was at Bess Race for first grade. Entirely different experience with first grade. His teacher made up different rules for different kids, and as a result my son took advantage of her and had bad results on the behavior level the entire school year. I tried to get her to work with me, but she is not a good listener. She seems stuck in her ways and makes things easy as possible for students who need a little more assistance. No patience to challenge students. She allowed the children to bully my son, and then when he would defend himself she would punish him. Not a great experience for first grade.

I absolutely love bessrace elementary. My son Evan went there last year for kindergarden loved it. Mrs. Bookwalter is an amazing teacher that cares so much for the students. I never felt like she didn't have my sons best interest at heart. They challenged him to be better and he excelled because of it. I love the atmosphere and will be enrolling him again this year for 1st grade.

The teaching staff at Bess Race does an excellent job not only teaching the students but also give them a safe environment to learn.

My grandson spent his 3rd, 4th and 5th grade studying for the TAKS test. There are other subjects to learn about. For three years he was commenable on his TAKS. That is great. We are luck that he is a straight A student. If he wasn not, he would have learned nothing helpful for those years.

I think that this school still has a long way to go, they need to be more diverse.

I have been very pleased with the teachers and administration at Bess Race Elementary. Parental involvement is highly encouraged. My children have been exposed to above average challenges academically and are constantly supported by their teachers.

My daughter has enjoyed Bess Race very much. The teachers really work with each student.

Last modified Bess Race Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.