PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted February 01, 2016
Just as there is no perfect family, HCCA is not the "perfect school". However, what you can expect is that HCCA is a family. I will say that everyone tries their best. The greatest character development is fostered in each child. All of the kids support each other, no matter what grade they are in. There is something special about watching an eighth grade student know and help a kindergartener! There is something special about teachers that know you and your child as they help them in and out of the car each morning and afternoon with a smile; no matter the weather. There is something special when teachers email and text you with kind responses to ALL of your questions after hours, late at night and weekends. HCCA does have work to do on its middle school offerings. There are school politics that I have not always agreed with, but who does? I do not agree with how a portion of the language arts component is taught. These three examples are small, in comparison to HCCA as a whole. However, I feel they are worth mentioning. For my family personally, we have made some of the greatest friends and had some of the greatest teachers at HCCA! Mrs. Matejka, the principal, is creative and character development begins with her. Mrs. Julie Zentell, a 1st grade teacher, is an unsung hero at HCCA. I do not need to list the reasons. God has made her magnificent! Go meet her and you will know. Mrs. Wilson will take your child’s reading ability beyond the next level. Mrs. Sims and Mrs. Hackworth, 3rd grade teachers, are dynamite individually and they are also a dynamic duo. They build your child’s confidence to become active, independent learners in EVERY subject! There have been a few difficult times at HCCA for us and our friends, but every family, or school has these. Through God, this little school has done, does, and will continue to do great things!

Posted January 28, 2016
This school was a terrific environment for the education of our children. Our only regret was that we couldn't put them through High School there. The administrator, teachers and staff make the school feel like an extended family. The education is excellent and my kids were well prepared once they moved on to High School.

Holy Cross Christian Academy
Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 28, 2016
The school administrator is the most caring and loving person I know. Her dedication and commitment are of the charts.

Posted January 28, 2016
Holy Cross has been an amazing experience for my family. My children absolutely love going to school everyday. The commitment of the staff is unparalleled - they go above and beyond to make every child feel special. One of the very best decisions we have made for our children was to enroll them in Holy Cross.

Posted January 28, 2016
My daughter has been going to Holy Cross Christian Academy for 4 years. I truly feel this is the best decision we ever made. She is not only getting a great education, she is building a stronger relationship with God. The faculty and staff here are more like a family and not just a school. They each know every students name and care about what happens to that child. They go above and beyond to make sure everyone succeeds. If child is having a hard time figuring some thing out, the teachers will do what ever is needed to help that child. My daughter loves that they have Chapel every morning and start the day off praising God. I love that the kids are encouraged and given the chance to help in the community. The driving force behind this school is the Head Administrator and her love of God and education. Thank you and God bless

Posted February 05, 2014
Holy Cross is great school, they have hard-working teacher, smart kids, and a great education. I love Holy Cross. It get you ready to be a Christian Leader and when you leave holy cross, you will be ready to go to public and i have christian leader in you. I go to holy cross right now and i am student there and it was the best choice to there. I hope that there will more students and i would love to have more kids come here. You will never think it was a bad choice. Kids should go to Holy Cross

Posted August 03, 2013
As a former student at Holy Cross Christian Academy, I would love to give the school 5 stars! I believe it is a wonderful place to help give EVERY child a well-rounded education. I moved on to my next school (because I was older than the grade levels offered) that I attended and not only had an above average education as well as morals that I would not have learned in a public school atmosphere. The chapel experience is something I think everyone should experience. I had many close knit friends who I still keep in touch with and I have now graduated from college. This school and its educators made an impact on me that I will never forget! THANK YOU FOR THAT!!!

Posted July 30, 2013
We could not have asked for a better first year of school for our son. The kindergarten teacher is absolutely outstanding and she created such special bonds with each of her students. She took the time to come to his baseball games and that truly meant the world to him. We will forever be grateful for HCCA

Posted July 30, 2013
This was our first year at HCCA and could not be more pleased. This school is so much more than I could have expected. The Kindergarden teacher is the best any child could be blessed to have . She may only have them for 3 hrs and 15 min but during that time they learn more than you could imagine. She works the lessons into every aspect of their day. She has been teaching for 20+ years and lives and breathes HCCA. Many times I would call or text her and she would be at the school till late into the night. That dedication shows in what all my daughter has learned.One of the things I loved so much about this school is the communication between the teachers, staff, and parents. I received an email every week telling me what was going on the next week. They take the time to teach your child about life skills, critical thinking, and problem solving. Chapel everyday may only be 15 minutes, but it is a powerful 15 minutes. My daughter came home everyday talking about what book they were studying and reciting verses. I know that sending my daughter here was the best decision we could have ever made. I know that, because of this school she has had the best start to her education possible.

Holy Cross Christian Academy 2

Posted July 30, 2013
Although my child wasn't "barred" from reenrollment. My child was referred to a different school due the ADHD by the kindergarten teacher. We switched schools.

Holy Cross Christian Academy
Po Box 3113, Burleson, TX  76097
Last modified Holy Cross Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8