Posted June 23, 2014
Kerr isn't what these reviews make it seem to be. It is suspicious that all the "positive" reviews happen on the same days. Frankly, our kids are spoiled and lucky that they are going to these schools, but our middle schools are terrible. They are both ancient buildings with crowded, uncomfortable classrooms and faulty equipment, and Kerr has overly controlling principals who the teachers hate to work for and it shows. The kids in middle school are so confused and full of hormones that we dont really see the amount of damage done with this neglect of their school. We need teachers who want to be there at Kerr, not the remnants of people who can't get jobs in better districts or have lived here forever and don't want to move. Kerr used to have teachers who taught and principals who got out of the way and let them. Now all you hear are the teachers talking about how they can't wait for the new superintendent to do some changes in leaderships and buildings. And while I am on this soapbox, parents need to realize that they are hurting the students as much as the school by not getting involved every single day. Only then will we see needed changes at Kerr. Thank you.

Posted June 14, 2014
My child attended for a year. Liked the school, had a problem with upper level teacher's attitude towards my child and other students. Raised my concerns to principle. Asked that I remain annonymous. Principle gave information to teachers!! Had no idea until I found out. The principle said I should be rest assured that my child will not get singled out. Not happy with this. Overall, the school is okay. Very old. Don't trust anyone.

Posted June 13, 2014
I hate kerr for the best ela teachur gets fierd and wont go to 8th like they said.& that old lady in the learning lab is mean to us when i have to go there so I dont go there &my mom gets mad but they keep her there to yell at us.the principle is not really nice he is fake like my mom says but he think s that nobody knows it. the rooms smell & i hate the desks. They made lots of new schools but not kerr its old and bad. And I dont ever like the principel for the best teaher going away she says I cant put his name & it wont show up here but we kids know who he is and we hate kerr now forever!!!!!

Posted June 13, 2014
I don't normally comment publicly about my child's schools, but I felt compelled to do so this year. My child has flourished this school year. He now enjoys school. He loved his classes and made several good friends. Keep up the good work Kerr!!!!

Posted June 13, 2014
Kerr is a great school and we are happy to have our children attend this awesome school. I had to mark the teacher quality down a star because of an incident that happened with one teacher. He said a lot of inappropriate stuff in class to the students. The kids really like him, but he shouldn't talk to students like a peer. He needs to act like an adult.

Posted June 13, 2014
Kerr MS is a great school. My children love attending the school. They have great teachers, great students, great administrators, and involved parents.

Posted June 13, 2014
This place is the talk now in town. This school is faked, one of the worst!!! There is a lot of bullying that they seem to not see?? There is way to many chances on the work, no responsibility and the principles cave in to the loud parents and lean on teachers to pass kids when they shouldnt. They are in dress code to hide the fact that this is really a ghetto kind of school. They have had drugs and drinking there lately and everyoe knows. The teachers mess around with each other and everyone finds out. I have been here a long time, and three of mine are now gone from Kerr and two in the new school which is nice. They talk about information that is not public information some is even on this cite and that will be interesting to point out to the school board members since they know and listen to us. I am worried about my neice who is going to go there next year and then a nephew the next. My sister wants to teach them in home school after what we heard last weekend. The Burleson parents are not happy with Kerr, but people are blind to how things are since they are from terrible city schools, and things need to change or we will end up like Everman or Crowley.

Posted June 13, 2014
This has been a hoot to read. Everyone who really lives here knows Kerr is going downhill. They only care about the scores from the big tests. The teachers are usually OK, but with crowded classes, the kids from Fort Worth and no support from the administration, it's no wonder so many leave. The excuse of only the best ones are leaving is hilarious! Think about that a moment.

Posted June 13, 2014
Bad all around atmosphere for kids. No kids should cry on the night schools out. I've never seen that in my life. We'll homeschool for the next two years until my daughter goes to Centennial.

Posted June 13, 2014
Good, God-fearing kids. I question the main staff. Too many teachers won't talk about it openly. Nobody trusts the principal is most of what we hear. They say he wont be here long anyway. I too heard about the teachers being immoral and the office letting that information out. What does that mean they say about kids with problems like that at home?

Nick Kerr Middle School
517 Southwest Johnson Avenue, Burleson, TX  76028
Last modified Nick Kerr Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nick Kerr Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top