Posted July 27, 2014
Honestly, I know this school sometimes has poor reviews but it is a great school. The campus is beautiful, most teachers are great and supportive, and the students are friendly. I moved to Texas and was nervous about going to a new school but this school made it very easy for me to make the transformation. It's a great school. Sports and education is very good.

Posted February 24, 2012
I am a native El Pasoan who came in from Germany as a soldier. My children began attendig schools in the CISD back in 2004. My experiences with the district, teachers and principles has been amazing. I have truly enjoyed the experience with Canutillo High School. I have had one daughter graduate and the my other daughter is a Sophmore. My daughters have loved this school and the educators. The leadership in Mr. Fry has been superb. Mr. Fry is one who believes in the students and their future. He is truly a dedicated professional. I am very grateful for the relationship with Mr. Fru. We havesolved minor issiues to major issues to ensure the student is always taken care of. I have come to love the Canutillo district. It reminds me of a close knit family. It has a military feel to it. Again, I would reccomend this school to any newcomer to El Paso. I reccomend this school toall my firends. I believe this school and district can compete with any of the top schools and districts in El Paso. I believe with the right mix and more parental incolvement we will continue to grow and excel. I will continue to support CHS long after my children graduate.

Posted February 19, 2012
We moved to the CISD when my son was set to begin his Freshman year. As an honor student, no question I had apprehension about my son's transition to this new school. My concerns were whether the school would provide the same level of academic rigor that we had been used to. My son is now completing his Junior year and the experience has been positive. My son sits in the top 4% of his class and is an avid athlete. He is in all AP and dual-credit courses. He has flourished at Canutillo High School. The school culture and environment are open and positive. The teachers, staff, and especially its principal-- Mr. Fry-- have an open-door policy when students have an issue or concern they are dealing with. Unlike the other El Paso Westside high schools which are busting at the seams with nearly 3,000 students, Canutillo High is smaller and gives new students an opportunity to thrive and not get lost in the shuffle. CHS is the little jewel in West El Paso. It's only a matter of time before Westside parents realize what a great school it is, and start transferring their kids out of Franklin and Coronado. Plus, the facility itself...is beautiful!

Canutillo High School 4

Posted February 17, 2012
This school has made dramatic improvents in the past 5-6 years since moving to their new, beautiful school. Their athletic teams are constantly atop the league and have numerous district and bi-district championships. Also, they have added a lot of AP and Dual Credit courses to increase student learning there.

Canutillo High School 0

Posted January 07, 2009
canutillo has great acedemic achievements. for parents you are looking for a good school for their child should consider canutillo. parent are involved with a lot of the things that go on and the teachers are concentrated on helping the students with the learning that they dont understand.

Canutillo High School 1

Posted January 02, 2009

Canutillo High School 0

Posted December 16, 2008
I was a three year grad at this High School. I just graduated in June 2006. I enjoyed attending this school however, I think academically, teachers are not doing enough. Now that I'm attending college I realize how much I could of learned in high school and been ahead in college if teachers concerntrated more on teaching rather than students behavior. They are too leaniant. Set the rules and have no mercey. That is the only way the school will get better. Besides that, everything else is great! I played soccer and had so much fun.

Posted October 02, 2008
Canutillo High School provides students with a high quality education. It has been my experience that the staff at the high school encourages students to expand they're knowledge and imagination. Students are taught the basics, as well as to think for themselves, and to be inquisitive.

Posted August 27, 2008

Posted February 21, 2008

Canutillo High School
P O Box 100, Canutillo, TX  79932
Last modified Canutillo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canutillo High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top