Posted February 10, 2014
We recently moved both of our children from private schools into Jose Damian and we are very happy with our decision. Our children love their teachers and classmates. They are being challenged academically on a daily basis. The PTO has many activities and even hosts an after school sports day for the children every Friday. The teachers, principal, vice principal and all staff members are all very willing to help us as we acclimate to our new school midway through the school year. Jose Damian is an excellent school and deserves 5 stars.

Jose High Damian Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2013
This school is AWFUL! Our kids have lost academic ground since attending this school. The Admin is unfriendly, there is no parental or community atmosphere, and the kids are MEAN!!! We are so disappointed in this school that we are considering homeschooling. My kids have been bullied, had problems with a BAD teacher, and their academics are awful at this school. I do not believe this is an exemplary school. I believe this school cheats to boast such numbers. Terrible!!! I cannot wait to be done with this school.

Posted August 01, 2012
I'm an ex-student of Jose Damian back when it went up to 6th grade! I'm now 18 years old, and I am so grateful to my time there. The teachers were excellent and often went above and beyond to help me out. I have chronic asthma and was often hospitalized, but they never left me out of classes and sent all my homework as well as notes for my parents to help me catch up. The school also offered GT classes as well as after school clubs. I personally did not like GT because it isolated us, but it might have improved since my leave. I do not recommend the bilingual classes because they are often a year behind the English-only classes. I was in all English and I noticed this from my friends who were in these classes. My Principal was different from the current one, but my old principal was excellent. In 6th grade I had a horrible principal though, who forced us to line up at lunch and eat separated from our friends. We had to be quiet in the cafeteria! We were also not let outside until we ate everything on our plates. I'm happy to know she was fired though. All in all my experience there was excellent!

Posted March 08, 2012
great school teachers are always willing to help out their students, parents are always welcomed to help organize events

Posted November 29, 2011
My son transferred to Damian from a private Montessori school. He was very behind in reading and we decided to move him back a year to Kinder. In under 2 months, my son was reading almost to grade level and now he is reading in both English and Spanish, not even a semester through. The teachers here are excellent as is the faculty, staff, and the principal is wonderful. We are so happy with Damian Elementary.

Posted June 21, 2011
We moved from New England and was very concerned from my son starting in a new school in the middle of the school year. However, to my surprise, Mrs. Garcia and Mrs. Grant are a great people to work and my son loves going to school. This school is exemplary in the district! Great Job Teachers and Principal and not forgetting the Volunteers and Staff.

Jose High Damian Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2010

Jose High Damian Elementary School 0

Posted January 28, 2010
Our daughter has been attending JDE since pre-k. She is now in the 1st grade and I am very proud to say that she is doing extremely well. We have never encountered any problems and she is excelling very well in every subject. Her teacher does involve the parents in homework, which I think is fantastic. Parent involvement goes a long way when it comes to your child's education. We will continue to send our daughter to JDE.

Posted June 23, 2009
the school is great my daugther loves to go

Jose High Damian Elementary School 0

Posted July 16, 2008
My child loves going to school at J.Damian! Teachers & staff are great!

Jose High Damian Elementary School
P O Box 100, Canutillo, TX  79835
Last modified Jose High Damian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jose High Damian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top