Carrollton, TX

Jerry R Junkins Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2013
This is one of the worst schools in this area. Teachers are mean to kids. I kind of agree with the robot review as I have observed the same thing too. The supplies that you buy for your kid won't be used for your kid because they will never know whose supply is whose.. Their organization skills are the worst.. I withdrew my son after a week from this school because he got selected elsewhere. When I went there to get back the supplies that I provided i got only half of what I gave them and that too all the brands and sizes were different. That's how I realized that the supplies I buy for my son wont be used anyways on him. I feel very bad about it. The evening pick up is a horror story. There is absolutely no security. Anybody can scoop into the cafeteria during the evening pick up. The principal although a very good person lacks capabilities to control his staff. One day I observed that parents waited for 45 minutes without a single kid being released So parents if you want to experience all this first hand please go ahead and your child in this school.. If you have options then please don't put your kid in this school. I feel for parents who don't have a choice.

Jerry R Junkins Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
My grandson goes to this school, and he is an A/B student. I believe the teachers are very caring and professional, as is the rest of the school staff. This is his third year at this school, and he has really flourished!

Jerry R Junkins Elementary School 1

Posted August 06, 2013
This school is looks like the kids are robot's, all the children dress a like, walk a certain way, and follow robot motions that the teachers instill. Then can't talk at all while then are walking, they can't talk in the cafeteria even when they are through eating lunch and have to put there heads on the nasty/dirty tables when they are done until they get released. If they forget and accidently talk the whole class looses recess. You can hear teachers yelling from down the hall at the kids. The tests scores are awful and the kids walk around like zombie's. The only positive thing I can say about this pathetic school is they have a great after school play program to those kids fortunate enough to go to the after school program. This program is only offered through the after school program. This is the ONLY thing that is school has to offer. Other than that plan on your kids coming home sick all the time and Not learning anything but dirty words and how to put their head on the lunch room tables when they are done eating. This school should be shut down! I am ashamed a school in Texas is run like this. Parents be warned.

Jerry R Junkins Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2013
My child has been enrolled at Jerry Junkins since kinder w/ mrs. Tilley. Went on to 1st w/ Mrs Brumbelow and 2nd grade w/ Mrs Decker. 2nd grade was a challenge due to teacher on maternity leave. We were upset at the lack of communication the sub provided to us as a parent. The dual language program in my opinion needs work. The concept is great but the follow thru needs MAJOR help! We love Junkins but communication is key. We are parents that want to know what our child is struggling with so we can provide one on one help at home. Waiting until report cards are sent is not helping anyone, especially a child. Aside from that Junkins is a good school!

Posted May 10, 2013
We recently moved to this area from another state and I was so pleased by the school and its staff. They welcomed my daughter mid school year and helped her catch up to her fellow students. When we arrived she was one of a few Kinder kids not reading, I am so excited that as the school year comes to and end she is reading well beyond a 1st grade level and is loving it. This school is great!!!!

Posted February 25, 2011
We moved to DISD from CFBISD with overwhelming challenges, having lost my job, I was forced to move and did not want to change schools. Now, the kids grades and behavior have improved and things are still improving daily. It makes me happy to hear about good days at school when the kids get home. The teachers act proud of their school and students. They are serious, competitive, and respectful. School has never been better for my kids. Every time that I enter that school, the principal and office staff are actively involved. I see them greeting the students, motivating them, they walk and talk to everybody they can actually doing above and beyond on everything. At the end of the day, they are still smiling even with tired eyes.

Posted September 28, 2010
I am extremely pleased with this school... it's teachers & principal. We were planning to attend private school, and I was very worried when I realized we would be in a DISD public school. I have been so pleasantly surprised! My son is enrolled in the dual language program, and we couldn't be happier with the level of learning he is receiving... both academically & socially.

Posted September 10, 2010
The teachers are awesome. They went to bat for my daughter who was one of the straight A students that the principal was going to have to take out of school. Because of her teachers my kids get to stay. I thank them very much for this.

Jerry R Junkins Elementary School 0

Posted May 13, 2010
Great School - teachers are kind, loving, and passionate about their class - makes a big difference!

Jerry R Junkins Elementary School 0

Posted April 09, 2010
Junkins Is An amazing school. I do recomend this school to anyone looking to move into another district.....Go Jerry Junkins

Jerry R Junkins Elementary School
2808 Running Duke Drive, Carrollton, TX  75006
Last modified Jerry R Junkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jerry R Junkins Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top