Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We moved from a different elementary school during the summer of 2015 to Carrollton. My daughter attended first grade at Jerry Junkins during the 2015-2016 school year. We were a little nervous and uncertain how the school year would turn out. First and foremost, we are Extremely pleased with her first grade teacher, Ms. Rezadad. She is such a wonderful, caring teacher with all the students and always kept us informed of our children's academics as well as the school's upcoming activities/holidays. Ms. Rezadad is an outstanding teacher! She cares for the students, supports, and does her job with great dedication and passion. Very accessible too! My daughter and I will miss her greatly. The school has musicals every year and this year we enjoyed Annie for the 2016 Musical. Jerry Junkins is a diverse elementary school which focuses in science and technology. I was very surprised and satisfied to see a lot of parent involvement in the school PTA and activities from beginning to end. Their lunch menu offers a variety of options and a healthy lunch menu is top priority in the cafeteria! I am pleased with my daughter's first year attendance at Jerry Junkins. I hope that all of the teachers continue to support our children's academic journey and know the importance of the impact they have on our children both positive and negative. We look forward to an exciting and empowering second grade year for my daughter. Keep up the good TEAM Work Jerry Junkins!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We loved Ms. Rezadad as my daughter's first grade teacher. She was caring, dedicated, accessible, and shows true passion as a teacher. Definitely has a positive impact on our children.

I love this school! We moved from Frisco and were very scared of all the scandals DISD has been through. This school was meant to be a temporary environment until we could place her in a private school. We fell in love with her teacher and her classroom management. Our daughter has surprised us with everything she is learning and bringing home. Her teacher is very involved in communicating to us any concerns and progress. We decided to leave her here and hope that next year will be the same success story. Thank you for everything you do for our kids!

This is one of the worst schools in this area. Teachers are mean to kids. I kind of agree with the robot review as I have observed the same thing too. The supplies that you buy for your kid won't be used for your kid because they will never know whose supply is whose.. Their organization skills are the worst.. I withdrew my son after a week from this school because he got selected elsewhere. When I went there to get back the supplies that I provided i got only half of what I gave them and that too all the brands and sizes were different. That's how I realized that the supplies I buy for my son wont be used anyways on him. I feel very bad about it. The evening pick up is a horror story. There is absolutely no security. Anybody can scoop into the cafeteria during the evening pick up. The principal although a very good person lacks capabilities to control his staff. One day I observed that parents waited for 45 minutes without a single kid being released So parents if you want to experience all this first hand please go ahead and your child in this school.. If you have options then please don't put your kid in this school. I feel for parents who don't have a choice.

My grandson goes to this school, and he is an A/B student. I believe the teachers are very caring and professional, as is the rest of the school staff. This is his third year at this school, and he has really flourished!

This school is looks like the kids are robot's, all the children dress a like, walk a certain way, and follow robot motions that the teachers instill. Then can't talk at all while then are walking, they can't talk in the cafeteria even when they are through eating lunch and have to put there heads on the nasty/dirty tables when they are done until they get released. If they forget and accidently talk the whole class looses recess. You can hear teachers yelling from down the hall at the kids. The tests scores are awful and the kids walk around like zombie's. The only positive thing I can say about this pathetic school is they have a great after school play program to those kids fortunate enough to go to the after school program. This program is only offered through the after school program. This is the ONLY thing that is school has to offer. Other than that plan on your kids coming home sick all the time and Not learning anything but dirty words and how to put their head on the lunch room tables when they are done eating. This school should be shut down! I am ashamed a school in Texas is run like this. Parents be warned.

My child has been enrolled at Jerry Junkins since kinder w/ mrs. Tilley. Went on to 1st w/ Mrs Brumbelow and 2nd grade w/ Mrs Decker. 2nd grade was a challenge due to teacher on maternity leave. We were upset at the lack of communication the sub provided to us as a parent. The dual language program in my opinion needs work. The concept is great but the follow thru needs MAJOR help! We love Junkins but communication is key. We are parents that want to know what our child is struggling with so we can provide one on one help at home. Waiting until report cards are sent is not helping anyone, especially a child. Aside from that Junkins is a good school!

We recently moved to this area from another state and I was so pleased by the school and its staff. They welcomed my daughter mid school year and helped her catch up to her fellow students. When we arrived she was one of a few Kinder kids not reading, I am so excited that as the school year comes to and end she is reading well beyond a 1st grade level and is loving it. This school is great!!!!

We moved to DISD from CFBISD with overwhelming challenges, having lost my job, I was forced to move and did not want to change schools. Now, the kids grades and behavior have improved and things are still improving daily. It makes me happy to hear about good days at school when the kids get home. The teachers act proud of their school and students. They are serious, competitive, and respectful. School has never been better for my kids. Every time that I enter that school, the principal and office staff are actively involved. I see them greeting the students, motivating them, they walk and talk to everybody they can actually doing above and beyond on everything. At the end of the day, they are still smiling even with tired eyes.

Last modified Jerry R Junkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.