Bad
Good

I find this school very nice the staff and teachers are really cooperative.My both girls are enjoying their school so far loving it.

This is a very good school. Great staff and great programs. Our daughter is loving her new school.

Our daughter loves this school. Very kind and attentive teachers, well equipped library and classes. Close to home.

This school keeps getting better every year. We love the new staff and all of the kids there are doing very well. This school had some issues in its early years 2010/2011 but the staff has changed and we noticed the difference upon our first visit to the school. Our kids love it and so will yours.

21st century learning is a high priority at this school. My student had had amazing teachers and they help him with all his learning disabilities. Great communication and overall a wonderful place for my kid. I just wish more parents would volunteer with PTA; they seemed to have trouble getting parent volunteers this year.

Coyote Ridge is provides such a collaborative environment for all children. The really listen and value their parents. Putting our children first is a priority which is evident on a daily basis. We love CRE!

I love this school excellent student diversity and all the teachers I have meet love teaching

This is school is absolutely horrible. The teachers only care for the Staar testing results. My child attended this school for two years, and each year was a dreadful experience. The K teachers seemed involved, but the 1st grade teachers only cared about having the "perfect" student. If your child doesn't fall into that category, they are labeled and labeled again. It is a truly sad situation to witness, both for the parents and for their kids. We had to move out of district just so our family could get away from this elementary school and LISD. If you plan to attend this school I really hope you have better luck with this school than most others have. Who knows, maybe it will improve in the future; although, it has been open for 8 years???

We have been at this school since 2007. We received a new principal January 2012. She has been great and seems VERY involved and excited about all activities. I thought I liked the last principal, Mrs. Grygar, but after Mrs. Jacobsen started, I do see a difference. She is much more active and interactive. Even when I have lunch with my kids and she happens to come into the lunch room, she makes a point to come by and say "hi" and chat a bit. so there always seems to be times to ask anything you want. Also this school year, 2012-2013, we received a new Asst. Principal. She seems nice and approachable as well. Haven't had much interaction yet. Only met her at the Kindergarten Playdate just before this school year started.

Folks, what is wrong with the principal? We are thinking of moving in this area and this is the elementary school designated to us. The school looks nice and the neighborhood is great. Seems like many have issues with the principals, though. If this is the case we might rethink the location we are moving into. Is he/she that bad?

Last modified Coyote Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.