Posted September 26, 2014
21st century learning is a high priority at this school. My student had had amazing teachers and they help him with all his learning disabilities. Great communication and overall a wonderful place for my kid. I just wish more parents would volunteer with PTA; they seemed to have trouble getting parent volunteers this year.

Posted April 05, 2014
Coyote Ridge is provides such a collaborative environment for all children. The really listen and value their parents. Putting our children first is a priority which is evident on a daily basis. We love CRE!

Posted May 31, 2013
This is school is absolutely horrible. The teachers only care for the Staar testing results. My child attended this school for two years, and each year was a dreadful experience. The K teachers seemed involved, but the 1st grade teachers only cared about having the "perfect" student. If your child doesn't fall into that category, they are labeled and labeled again. It is a truly sad situation to witness, both for the parents and for their kids. We had to move out of district just so our family could get away from this elementary school and LISD. If you plan to attend this school I really hope you have better luck with this school than most others have. Who knows, maybe it will improve in the future; although, it has been open for 8 years???

Coyote Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted March 08, 2013
We have been at this school since 2007. We received a new principal January 2012. She has been great and seems VERY involved and excited about all activities. I thought I liked the last principal, Mrs. Grygar, but after Mrs. Jacobsen started, I do see a difference. She is much more active and interactive. Even when I have lunch with my kids and she happens to come into the lunch room, she makes a point to come by and say "hi" and chat a bit. so there always seems to be times to ask anything you want. Also this school year, 2012-2013, we received a new Asst. Principal. She seems nice and approachable as well. Haven't had much interaction yet. Only met her at the Kindergarten Playdate just before this school year started.

Posted March 20, 2012
Folks, what is wrong with the principal? We are thinking of moving in this area and this is the elementary school designated to us. The school looks nice and the neighborhood is great. Seems like many have issues with the principals, though. If this is the case we might rethink the location we are moving into. Is he/she that bad?

Posted November 28, 2011
This school is falling apart. The students and staff are very sad at the negativity the assistant principal is bringing to drag down morale. It is not positive for children, and the staff are very glum. Lots of parents in the neighborhood are very disappointed in what he has done in four months to what was once a very bright and bubbly school where children thrived since the day it opened.

Posted September 29, 2011
School is going thru changes from Principal to Teacher. School is very new and Teachers are just Teachers. I like some teacher but some of them don't take kids as kids but considers them adult. A 6 year still is a kid not a teenager. Some teachers do not attend to kids while on playground or in class. My child is being hit by other kids all the time and I wonder what the teacher is doing. Paying attention while they are on playground or text messaging.

Posted September 06, 2011
My son started K this year and has really enjoyed his school experience so far. The class size of 14 is amazing. My son enjoys the rotation of PE, Art, Discovery Science, Library, and Music time. The school is beautiful and in a great location. I've heard rumors of other parents disliking the new principal---I chose to ignore these judgments and make my own based on my son's attitude towards school and watching him learn and grow. We're really enjoying this school and hope to see the ratings improve.

Coyote Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted June 08, 2011
Teachers and parents are very invested in providing the best environment for the kids. Overall our experience has been very positive. Only reason for downgrading from 5 stars is the principal.

Posted March 20, 2011
I am the parent of an autistic 4-year-old enrolled in the PPCD "Comm" class at Coyote Ridge. My wife and I have been very happy with the effort and dedication shown by all of the teachers involved in my son's education. We have also been pleasantly surprised with the Lewisville school district as a whole. I do understand that the PPCD programs receive a lot of additional federal funding, so it remains to be seen how the mainstream integration goes. However, so far we are grateful for what we've received, and feel like we're getting our tax dollars back. I'll post again after we've experienced the mainstream classes.

Coyote Ridge Elementary School
4520 Maumee Drive, Carrollton, TX  75010
Last modified Coyote Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyote Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top