Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff have very high standards that they hold all kids to. It inspires them to be the best they can be. They are treated fairly and disciplined fairly and respectfully.

My daughter is now in the 2nd grade. Because the school is so small, its like being in a private school. The staff is fantastic! Also, we love the new Principal Ms. Fox!

It's our first year there but our girls love it. The teachers and staff seem very professional and caring and I love the emphasis on building community.

My son is in second grade, and my daughter is in kindergarten. It seems to be a pretty good school. There is a new principal this year, which I think is a positive change. Teachers are nice, approachable, and there is good communication between teachers and parents. I have been a bit disappointed by the academics somewhat. In kinder, I think they could challenge my daughter a bit more. They seem to rigid approach to how things are taught. There appears to be a stricter adherence to school district rules, but not as much student recognition at assemblies.

We love CP Elementary! We love the Principal KF! She knows what she's doing & she has the kids and parents best interest first and foremost. You couldn't ask for a better run school. It feels like a private school. No, bad behavior is not tolerated, but why should it be? I feel that my child is safe and taken care of in the care of the CP staff. Keep up the awesome work!!!

I would say a good portion of the teachers are really caring and good people. But most just tote the principles party line. Which "The principal rules like it is a prison" post below outlines fairly well. The problem with the CFISD and Country Place in general is the politics of the school system. CFISD is one of the worst politically influenced districts in the US, ruled by extreme conservatives and embattled middle grounders. The students pay the price in overtly strict rules and limited programs and absolutly no support for kid's issues ( IE school counselors). The principle treats the parents like they are kids and has a huge ego you don t want to cross or your kids will pay the price. I can t wait for my kids to be out of this school. My kid entered this school a gifted student and grades have gone down every year since. Not what we pay taxes for, oh I forget in CFISD we pay taxes for frivolous lawsuits not educations for our kids.

The principal rules like it is a prison. All 3 of my boys attended CP and when the current principal (K.F-R.) started there everything went downhill. It's her way or the highway (a.k.a. alternative school). The first time I met her she informed me, with my child sitting beside me, that my child was "the worst kid in HER school". I guess she missed that day in college where you don't de-moralize the kids to their face. Many boys were sent to alt. school for 6 wks at a time for minor infractions while the girls that broke the rules were told to behave and act nice. If you have girls in K-5 this is a great school. Boys in K-5 will spend most of their time in the alt. school with all the gang-bangers, etc. for any minor infractions. No warning. The teachers try and are good at what they do, but the Principal and her "mini-me" asst. are tyrants.

hello my name is joohee chang and I lived there but I moved to korea and I miss my friend in america I want to go back and meet my friend and Iiked country place ele. and I want to meet my mom that is very sick I cry every day becuse miss my friends and my mom! -from joohee-

WE LOVE COUNTRY PLACE! We moved from Coppell ISD so that our child could attend CP. The teachers are professional, caring and kind. They are exceptional in every grade. You never have to worry about which one your child might get next year. Yes, the principal is not 'warm & fuzzy' and runs the school like a business - good for her! That is one of the many reasons why CP is rated Exemplary year after year. Someone noted that the school is majority white - not so. This is a diverse population in MANY ways- race, ethnicity, socio-economic - just like the real world.

I think that CP is a wonderful place to learn and to work. We love all the children and I am so sad to see that some people think otherwise. We would not have chosen this profession if we felt differently. We are an exemplary school with very high expectations. We are also targeted title one, which means that we have more than 30% on free and reduced. We as teachers are here for the students and will be very willing to help out any parent who needs it. GO EAGLES!

Last modified Country Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.