Posted August 20, 2014
Our son has attended this school since Kindergarten. He loves it and so do we! The staff are always as nice as can be and interact really well with the children. My son has ADHD and struggled big time the first year, but his teacher was just the sweetest person and did EVERYTHING she could to help him and us deal with the issues he faced before being diagnosed. Things have gotten easier for him since being diagnosed in 1st grade, but he still struggles from time to time and all of his teachers have been so understanding and really work to adjust their expectations to fit his needs, which as a parent, is appreciated more than I could ever really express with words. Every year at the start of the new school year they send home a form for us to fill out, asking for info about what motivates our kid, best practices when it comes to disciplinary actions and rewards, all specific to each child. His new teachers also have a meeting with all of his previous teachers to get their advice/experiences. The Vice Principal even went as far as making sure my son is tested first thing in the mornings on all his tests, because she noticed that's when he's the most focused! I mean WOW! Just love it!

Posted May 17, 2014
My child transferred to Davis from another school out of state when we moved here a couple years ago. The old school was so horrible my child was traumatized from the experience. The educational staff and the principal at Davis worked tirelessly with us to help turn things around. By the time we started school this year, my child walked into class a completely new person - confident, happy, and eager to learn. I'm also impressed with how engaged the principal is - she hosted a parent seminar this year on child trafficking to raise awareness, an issue I'd never seen any other school where my children went even try to touch, but she took the bull by the horns and did it. At meetings she is often the first to come up with ideas for helping a child. She is VERY strict and all business, but I'd rather have a principal who won't take any guff because she cares than one who acts as if their job is a popularity contest while ignoring serious problems. We dealt with the latter too many times in the past, and it's the students who get hurt the most. For that reason, I'm grateful for the supportive and caring staff at Davis.

Posted May 09, 2014
We have had great experiences every year at Davis. The teachers each year are active and involved with the students and address concerns when raised. The parent involvement is very low and external activities are non existent but I believe that has to do with a less than active PTA than the actual school. The PTA is run by a few people who are not interested in having others assist. The principal seems pretty by the rules type of principal but based on other schools it is appreciated. We have never had an issue with classroom size or kid count and they appear to receive the resources they need to run the school effectively. If you are looking for an active GT school then you will need to push this yourself but they will act on your requests. This does not mean they won't challenge your child.

Davis Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2014
Dale B. Davis is an excellent school. The teachers are dedicated professionals who are personally concerned for their students and want them to succeed. Davis' population encounters many socioeconomic challenges, but its students, on most days, make me hopeful for the future. I am proud to be part of its faculty despite day-to-day challenges.

Davis Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2012
The teachers are good although there does seem to be turnover quite often. Wish we could get more parent involvement.

Posted November 23, 2011
I've never encountered such an unprofessional, unscrupulous administrator as the principal of this school. She was one of the main reasons I withdrew my child from this school. The teachers are satisfactory, but the gifted program is virtually non-existent, parent involvement is practically nil, & discipline is haphazard at best. Parents, avoid this school.

Posted November 21, 2011
Nice teachers, rude principal (until I decided to leave), overwhelming amount of children per classroom. This was our only choice and we decided Private school was the best option. Stay away!

Posted December 21, 2010
As a former teacher at Davis, I can attest to the fact that the turnover rate is so high and that bullying is tolerated due to the fact that the principal is herself a bully. She targets teachers who are different from her and terrorizes them until they leave, and more often than not, they are good teachers. They just aren't willing to kiss her @$$.

Posted February 23, 2009
I have just enrolled my son to davis elementary school and upon calling in 2 days later I have received mixed information which determines that there is no comunication whatsoever within the faculty and front office. The front office people were rude and disrespectful by hanging up on me and not fully answering my questions.

Posted October 20, 2008
I am fed up with this school, and I am seriously investigating what it will take to transfer my son out of Davis to another elementary school. Bullying is rampant, and tolerated. The administration claims to want parent involvement, then seems to take some sort of twisted glee in telling parents all the bad behavior of a child, but NEVER ONCE giving the parent any notice of what behaviors needs to be addressed and corrected. Several requests to speak with the principal have gone ignored.

Davis Elementary School
3205 Dorchester Drive, Carrollton, TX  75007
Last modified Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davis Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.