Posted March 27, 2014
Good Elementary is a great gem in the community. Good Elementary is an International Baccalaureate school - one of two elementary schools in the District with this desingation. This is a great program that develops a child's interest in learning. I have found the staff to be dedicated, involved, and supportive. The school is lacking in parent participation overall, but there ARE opportunities to participate if you desire to do so. The school was blessed with a brand new building last year and the facility itself is fabulous. A great learning environment and with the IB PYP program, should be at the top of your choices for a school for your kids.

Good Elementary School 3

Posted January 12, 2012
I totally disagree with the parent who blames the parents for the problems they have with the school. I had 2 sons go through this school and the youngest was bullied daily and the teachers and principal did nothing about it. Even when we were the ones to tell her about it, the offending child went on with his behaviour. When we talked to her about it, We were told that "he needs to get a thicker skin" - how do you "get a thicker skin" when someone stealing from your desk, pushing and hitting you, and taking your place in line (as well as the verbal abuse). We did get meetings with her immediately, but it seemed like they did no good. How do you tell you child to tell an adult when someone is mistreating you, then the adult allows it to continue? I am glad the are both out of there (the issues continued at Perry until the principal there stopped it, and he started int he karate classes). So the problem was not his or our, but the principals'. If you have a choice, go elsewhere.

Posted January 11, 2012
My son is a 5th grader and I am so sad to think that he's leaving this wonderful school. I read issues with the principal and staff and never had I thought of such nonsense. The faculty and staff work hard to excel every student to their potential, while having to deal with behavior issues. Maybe if more parents would get involved with the PTA, they would feel more connected and less apt to think that anyone there is less than caring. Parents that walk through the door with an accusing attitude will of course have problems. I know for a fact that the principal works hard to keep students in school and her "power" isn't a controlling power, but that of a non-micromanager, who lets her teachers have thoughts and ideas and the ability to grow. There's reason that some of you have had problems and it isn't the staff....

Posted October 24, 2011
My child is scared from this school the princiaple has some kindof power because she has been there so long and is bilingul I'm assming because she controls the staff andteachers ad makes them uncooperative. If I would have known that nothing would be done aout her ill behavior I would have kept my child at home. I have met 6 parent strangers to me previously that have had to have thir children removed for to differnt schools and even quit thir jobs t home school because it was so awful! This is also not my first review the others were deleted! This isa terriable enviornment for a child! It is heart breaking to me that nothing has been done for anyone!

Posted March 22, 2011
I agree with the parent who stated if your child does anything wrong they will be targeted. My child is very smart and has a few difficulties I have been 100% cooperative with the school. I have had problems with the administration since day 1. I at first thought I must be amplifying these issues. I realized soon after that the principle was very uncooperative, offensive, and they have even hit my child. However they are far from unintelligent they find ways in the book to make your life very difficult. They used their power to document ill behavior on my child and really violated my rights and my child rights in many ways. If you have options go to another school.

Posted January 12, 2011
Good Elementary has: Excellent teachers and support staff Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs The school just needs more parental volunteers.

Good Elementary School 0

Posted December 07, 2009
We have recently had to transfer our child from Good Elem for several reasons. Safety is not a priority at any level. The staff members are very rude and it seems that they have no time for a parent or a child. Everybody knows that children are not perfect, but if your child does anything wrong they will have a target on their back for good. It got to where my child didn t even want to go to school, and no child should feel like that. Now that we have changed school s we have a totally new child who loves going to school. I wouldn t recommend this school to anybody.

Posted October 18, 2008
Staff is very attentive and caring. Mrs. Faraday, in particular, helped my child realize his potential!

Good Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2007
This is a very caring school! The teachers truly want all children to succeed! The principal is wonderful in fulfilling the needs of all students, while tackling tough issues of funding, etc. I would recommend to a young family!

Posted June 11, 2007
The school is lacking in energy. what once was full of awards for students,fun, learning,and energy has become cold. there is more concern with the principal in meeting level of attention from district politics then in students. the pta has lost what its goal is and not managed accordingly. School funds arent being protected properly. high volume of staff turn over due to absence of guidence. principal lets too many peers have control over each other. Security is not something on a daily concern.

Good Elementary School
1012 Study Lane, Carrollton, TX  75006
(972) 968-1920
Last modified Good Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Good Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top