No rating

Oak Crest Private School

Private | PK-8 | 40 students

Living in Carrollton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $125,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted March 23, 2014

OCPS is truly the best school in Carrollton! Before entering OCPS, my child was constantly searching for social acceptance, bullied, afraid to participate in class, would shut down and had very little trust in her teachers/administrators. To witness this daily and the impact it had on her (despite all the praise she received at home) took it's toll on me. Now, she looks forward to going to school. Her writing/spelling has improved drastically. She is pushing herself to learn, so 'she can make us proud' (her words). She LOVES to read even when there's 'a lot of pages.' I've stop counting the # of times she asked me to wait so she can finish her 'study hall' (they actually learn/get homework assistance in day care!) assignment. What's more amazing, many times it's an upper classmen (who's also staying late) that's helping & encouraging her, 'as they've been there' (that's a quote from a 9 year old BTW). The teachers are compassionate, patient & genuinely invested in seeing each kid succeed. She's not anxious. I'm not stressed trying to figure out how to 'fix it.' It's like our house is finally at peace. Honestly, I can't tell you how many times I've cried tears of joy.

Posted March 7, 2012

This is a wonderful school. The children learn what they study and can apply what they learn. They learn it fully with complete understanding of the subject. They are taught respect for each other and valuable communication skills starting from the Early Beginners class. The children gladly help, encourage and applaud each other for their successes. The whole school participated in a dance show that was awesome. None of the students showed any embarrassment to get out there and dance. That shows how safe the kids feel to get outside their comfort zone. When a child needs extra help they get it till they fully understand what they are studying.

Posted March 2, 2012

Wonderful Powerful School! A school about knowledge, application and participation with total comprehension. A safe, interactive environment for students to excel at their own pace and you would be surprised on how fast their pace is when a student is taken out of the box of "stay with your class" environment and put in one that lets them run as fast as the want to run with nothing less then perfect score to complete and move on.

Posted January 7, 2012

Wonderful school! My child is doing amazingly well and is learning a lot. The staff is very friendly and caring and they know my child's strengths and weaknesses. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted October 19, 2011

I have been very concerned about the quality of the public schools for many years. So, when the time came to start researching schools for my own child, I visited Oak Crest. Boy, was I impressed. Small class sizes, intelligent, caring teachers and a wonderful atmosphere. But was surprised me most was the level of academic rigor and how young the students were studying these subjects. Upon questioning a few students, I found a level of understanding that surprised me. This is clearly the school for my child. What I saw exceeded my most hopeful expectations.

Posted October 19, 2011

Couldn't be happier with my son's progress. He has only been going to Oak Crest a few months, but so many people have commented on how much he has matured in the last few months and how much happier he seems. Many times when I pick him up in the afternoon he asks to stay until he finishes the paper he's working on!! The staff is incredible and truly focused on each child.

Posted October 19, 2011

My nephew has been going to this school for 2 years and WOW what a huge difference I've noticed in him!! He actually looks forward to going to school and when gets home from school he's always talking about what he learned that day. He actually applies what he's been learning at school. He is 4 yrs old but now he acts like he is 10 :)

Posted October 18, 2011

I love this school! All three of my children have attended Oak Crest. Two of them went on to success in high school and one is still at Oak Crest. I could not be happier with their experience at this school, and here are a few of the areas in particular that I like: 1) Class sizes are small and students get one-on-one, individual attention specific to areas where they need help. 2) Unlike other schools who may be fine with a student getting an 80% or even 90% grade, at Oak Crest the students review material that they missed in order to get a full 100% understanding. 3) Students are not only taught the subject matter, but they are also given tools which help them to better understand and study any subject they may choose to earn in the future 4) The school demonstrates a high level of integrity and ethical behavior and teaches the students these important concepts as well. I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 18, 2011

I love Oak Crest! I was a little worried about where the American school system was headed until I visited this school. At Oak Crest, students don't just learn in order to pass a test, they learn so they truly understand. The school is oriented toward application in life, not just theoretical studies. I think it is the best private school out there!

Posted September 1, 2011

My son attended Oak Crest from Kindergarten to Form 2, which is loosely translated to 4th grade. I was a teacher there for 5 years. We left the school because my son was not happy there and failing. He is a smart kid, who didn't learn the way he was expected to and suffered much invalidation because of it. Open disgust at his inabIlity to learn was what he got a steady diet of. Being a Scientologist at the time myself, I bought into to the idea that this school was the best. And yes, Scientology is used on these students, whether members of the Church or not. The study technology of Scientology is awesome, but the use of it here, along with the handling of "problem" students makes it a nightmare for any child who isn't already an exceptional student. My son is now in a wonderful public school, getting the help he needs to learn what he couldn't get at Oak Crest. And getting it with kindness and lots and lots of validation. He is slowly healing from the harm that was done.

Posted April 25, 2011

My son has been at this school for only a few months in the Early beginners class, but is progressing at a remarkable rate. I am also impresses with their patience with his behavior as he adjusts, and their genuine care for each child. I am so glad I put him in this school, and amazed to see how he applies what he learns at school to reading and other activities at home. It lets me know he really understands what he is learning.

Posted April 14, 2011

Excellent school!!! My son started this current school year only, and I found it interesting to learn that everyday he learn so much with their activities and field trips. Thank you for keeping that high standards!!!

Posted February 1, 2011

It takes me thirty minutes to drive my child to school and it is well worth it. The small student to teacher ratio is what first attracted me to Oakcrest, but the hands-on academics, 100% sucess rate and the caring educators are what keep me there. My child is learning and understanding above her current grade level. She loves school and is not just a number. She gets one-on-one attention everyday and is thriving in her environment. Thanks Oakcrest for providing a school where children are excited to learn and are provided the opportunity to experience the world around them hands-on.

Posted January 31, 2011

My Kiddo has been a student at Oakcrest for 2 years now and she is well above her peers academically who are in the Carrollton public school system of the same age. She loves the school and the teachers and actually comes home with nothing but happy tales of her day at school. Prior to Oakcrest, everyday she came home with horror stories of what her day had been like and had many tear filled days. We are very happy with Oakcrest and would recomend this school to anyone with an elementary age student.

Posted December 22, 2010

At this school I found a small student to teacher ratio, which gives more attention to students. There is a strong sense of community. They emphasis strongly on ethical behavior, as well as, academics. The teachers always have time to answer parent's questions. In teaching the students academics they make sure that new concepts are understood fully and thoroughly. My son has been attending Oak Crest since he was 4. He is now 6 and is reading better than any 6 year old I know. He is also mastering mathematical concepts that most of his older cousins are struggling with in public school. I look forward to watching my son grow in a school that actually cares about his future . Thank you Oak Crest Private School.

Posted August 21, 2009

I am a new parent to Oak Crest Private School. My 7 yr. old daugther has been attending for only 2-months and she is a completely different kid. Not only is she loving reading and math now, she is even willinging helping out at home and her behavior has completely turned around. She is more respectful, more polite etc... This is truly the best decsion we could have ever made. Parents-Do whatever it takes to get your child to Oak Crest, so they don't become another child that 'falls through the cracks' in public school.

Posted June 18, 2008

I am a parent of 6 yr old, who has been attending the school for 1 year. I am happy with teacher/student ratio and the care that each of the teachers have provided for my child. I believe this could be one of the best decisions I have made.

Posted August 14, 2007

I graduated from Oak Crest when I was 13 and I am now going to Delphi, a boarding school in Oregon. Oak Crest prepared me for Delphi better than any other school could have. At my previous schools I was pushed along past things that I didn't understand, making my education harder and harder for me. At Oak Crest I was not allowed to go past something that I didn't understand, and learning became fun. The fundamental education I recieved has proven to be invaluable to my education and life so far.

Posted June 12, 2007

As a mother of 3 students at this school I couldn't be happier with my children's progress. They are all enthusiastic about their studies and routinely thank me for selecting this school.

Posted June 12, 2007

My two boys have attended Oak Crest for 4 and 3 years. They both love going to school and are doing well in their classes. My favorite part is that they learn everything 100% before going on and learning something that is more difficult.

Asian or Pacific Islander 15% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab