Posted March 23, 2014
OCPS is truly the best school in Carrollton! Before entering OCPS, my child was constantly searching for social acceptance, bullied, afraid to participate in class, would shut down and had very little trust in her teachers/administrators. To witness this daily and the impact it had on her (despite all the praise she received at home) took it's toll on me. Now, she looks forward to going to school. Her writing/spelling has improved drastically. She is pushing herself to learn, so 'she can make us proud' (her words). She LOVES to read even when there's 'a lot of pages.' I've stop counting the # of times she asked me to wait so she can finish her 'study hall' (they actually learn/get homework assistance in day care!) assignment. What's more amazing, many times it's an upper classmen (who's also staying late) that's helping & encouraging her, 'as they've been there' (that's a quote from a 9 year old BTW). The teachers are compassionate, patient & genuinely invested in seeing each kid succeed. She's not anxious. I'm not stressed trying to figure out how to 'fix it.' It's like our house is finally at peace. Honestly, I can't tell you how many times I've cried tears of joy.

Posted March 07, 2012
This is a wonderful school. The children learn what they study and can apply what they learn. They learn it fully with complete understanding of the subject. They are taught respect for each other and valuable communication skills starting from the Early Beginners class. The children gladly help, encourage and applaud each other for their successes. The whole school participated in a dance show that was awesome. None of the students showed any embarrassment to get out there and dance. That shows how safe the kids feel to get outside their comfort zone. When a child needs extra help they get it till they fully understand what they are studying.

Posted March 02, 2012
Wonderful Powerful School! A school about knowledge, application and participation with total comprehension. A safe, interactive environment for students to excel at their own pace and you would be surprised on how fast their pace is when a student is taken out of the box of "stay with your class" environment and put in one that lets them run as fast as the want to run with nothing less then perfect score to complete and move on.

Posted January 07, 2012
Wonderful school! My child is doing amazingly well and is learning a lot. The staff is very friendly and caring and they know my child's strengths and weaknesses. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted October 19, 2011
I have been very concerned about the quality of the public schools for many years. So, when the time came to start researching schools for my own child, I visited Oak Crest. Boy, was I impressed. Small class sizes, intelligent, caring teachers and a wonderful atmosphere. But was surprised me most was the level of academic rigor and how young the students were studying these subjects. Upon questioning a few students, I found a level of understanding that surprised me. This is clearly the school for my child. What I saw exceeded my most hopeful expectations.

Posted October 19, 2011
Couldn't be happier with my son's progress. He has only been going to Oak Crest a few months, but so many people have commented on how much he has matured in the last few months and how much happier he seems. Many times when I pick him up in the afternoon he asks to stay until he finishes the paper he's working on!! The staff is incredible and truly focused on each child.

Posted October 19, 2011
My nephew has been going to this school for 2 years and WOW what a huge difference I've noticed in him!! He actually looks forward to going to school and when gets home from school he's always talking about what he learned that day. He actually applies what he's been learning at school. He is 4 yrs old but now he acts like he is 10 :)

Posted October 18, 2011
I love this school! All three of my children have attended Oak Crest. Two of them went on to success in high school and one is still at Oak Crest. I could not be happier with their experience at this school, and here are a few of the areas in particular that I like: 1) Class sizes are small and students get one-on-one, individual attention specific to areas where they need help. 2) Unlike other schools who may be fine with a student getting an 80% or even 90% grade, at Oak Crest the students review material that they missed in order to get a full 100% understanding. 3) Students are not only taught the subject matter, but they are also given tools which help them to better understand and study any subject they may choose to earn in the future 4) The school demonstrates a high level of integrity and ethical behavior and teaches the students these important concepts as well. I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 18, 2011
I love Oak Crest! I was a little worried about where the American school system was headed until I visited this school. At Oak Crest, students don't just learn in order to pass a test, they learn so they truly understand. The school is oriented toward application in life, not just theoretical studies. I think it is the best private school out there!

Oak Crest Private School 1

Posted September 01, 2011
My son attended Oak Crest from Kindergarten to Form 2, which is loosely translated to 4th grade. I was a teacher there for 5 years. We left the school because my son was not happy there and failing. He is a smart kid, who didn't learn the way he was expected to and suffered much invalidation because of it. Open disgust at his inabIlity to learn was what he got a steady diet of. Being a Scientologist at the time myself, I bought into to the idea that this school was the best. And yes, Scientology is used on these students, whether members of the Church or not. The study technology of Scientology is awesome, but the use of it here, along with the handling of "problem" students makes it a nightmare for any child who isn't already an exceptional student. My son is now in a wonderful public school, getting the help he needs to learn what he couldn't get at Oak Crest. And getting it with kindness and lots and lots of validation. He is slowly healing from the harm that was done.

Oak Crest Private School
1200 East Jackson Road, Carrollton, TX  75006
Last modified Oak Crest Private School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Oak Crest Private School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top