Posted October 24, 2014
Our Daughter is in Kindergarten this year. I am a certified teacher myself and I was very anxious sending her to a school I was not familiar with. We explored our neighborhood school option and Thompson's Dual Language option. I am so thankful we choose Thompson! Her teachers are great, the new principal is working hard to get up to speed and things running smoothly for everyone, and all other staff/faculty we've ever dealt with are very helpful and pleasant! I'm very happy with our Kindergarten experience so far! I look forward to the great things ahead for all Thompson Cougars under Ms. Campbell's leadership!

Posted October 31, 2013
I have two children that have been attending since 2009...around 5 years now. I am highly disappointed in this school and how teachers respond to the children. I have seen on a few occasions where the teachers speak condescendingly to the children. We have had issues with a bully problem and talking with the counselor has proved to be fruitless. I am actively seeking to put my children in a new school because the response to the children is not a nurturing environment for my children to grow socially...academically the teachers and Principal show great consideration for teaching to the STARR test and not much time on developing socially...its too bad that everything is based on those test scores.

Posted September 18, 2012
I'm a new Thompson parent. I am not impressed! Younger kids are mixed with older kids. Kinder kids are expected to migrate around the school alone from day 2. Any incidents/accident are not reported to parents. It's been 3+ weeks and the only homework my child has received was a coloring sheet. She does very little class work. Bringing your concerns to administrators is very frustrating. I've tried a couple of times only to have my concerns dismissed (this is the way we do things), insulted (your child is a liar) or be spoken to like a child (you can t talk to other parents about issues). I'll politely say the office staff is rude and leave it there, since such behavior is supported and demonstrated by the principal. It seems there are many parents who don't care. Somewhere along the way that became the norm and facility stopped caring too. I want to believe my issues are just Thompson and not all CFBISD schools. So, I am simply awaiting the transfer period. If I am wrong, private school here we come.

Posted January 28, 2012
I have only been a parent of achild at Thompson for 2 yeras...but I have to say I love this school.

Posted January 20, 2012
We not only chose Thompson Elementary because of the Two-Way Dual Language pro-gram, but because how welcome the staff and teachers always makes us feel. In the pastyear my daughter has improved academically, as well as developed strong friendships amongst her classmates. I am thankful for this strong foundation that will carry with her for the rest of her life.

Posted August 27, 2009
My daughter has been in Thompson since 3rd grade. We moved here from Wyoming, where the schools were outstanding, and now she is falling further and further behind. We are trying to move to a better school district and since she is so far behind in all subjects we will have a lot of catching up to do. The teachers are wonderful but when trying to help the children the support staff, principal & school board, tells them they are not allowed to assist in that matter. Phone calls are not returned when questioning the reason for the push-aside. And the amount of children in this school that cannot speak English is overwhelming. Please take careful consideration if you are looking at this school.

Thompson Elementary School 0

Posted May 13, 2009
Thompson is great school considering the poplutation. The teachers are up againist serious obsticals. These include lack of parental support, hunger, and rampant literacy. We are looking to move to Frisco as soon as possible.

Thompson Elementary School 2

Posted December 04, 2007
So far I am very dissatisfied with the school. My child is in K. I have seen below minimal homework come home, a friend in the Allen school district says there is something everyday. The PTA just got a president, and just had its first meeting in Nov. I called several times to find out why we hadn't had a meeting and not one person told me that there was no president. My husband and I signed up for in class volunteering and have yet to be called. I have tried numerous times to get in contact with teachers/principal and never got any response back. I chose this school for its academic scores and I am very disappointed with my decision.

Thompson Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2007
Great school, good teachers and principal who really cares about the kids. My son went there for grades K thru 5th and never had a problem that was not resolved or attended to quickly.

Thompson Elementary School 0

Posted June 27, 2007
We moved out of of the cfbisd district because of our disappointment with the school. I found that once we were in a new district our children were severely behind in math. The curriculum at Thompson was behind in the math dept. Must be a district wide 'issue' not just Thompson.

Thompson Elementary School
2915 Scott Mill Road, Carrollton, TX  75007
Last modified Thompson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thompson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top