Posted November 15, 2012
great school my two kids are going to this school and I am very happy with all their staff

Rainwater Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2012
It saddens me to read the recent posts for Rainwater. Parents, my suggestion is that you try to find out what is really happening in the classroom. CFB has overburdened the teachers with massive amounts of testing, paperwork, unproductive training, and an ineffective curriculum. All of which stresses the teachers out and takes time away from the planning they need to ensure your children are being served. I love the relationships I have with my parents and students. I am sorry to hear that that has not been the case for some of you. I know we certainly try to do our best. We want to teach, we want your children to thrive, we want them to feel loved but the constraints put upon us today challenge our desire. My most heartfelt wish is for things to change. You are the voters, you have the strength. Teachers are afraid to speak out in these scary economic times but if they could, they would tell you they would do things differently at school. We are so overwhelmed by our district's "solutions" that many of us have expressed a desire to leave the industry. We need changes by people who know what is happening in the classroom, not by people in an office far removed.

Rainwater Elementary School 2

Posted January 19, 2012
I've heard some negative opinions about the staff at Rainwater, and I've read some unfavorable reviews prior to enrolling my child. I was really hoping that the opinions and reviews were just isolated situations, and I did my best to establish open communication with my child's teacher. I am saddened to say that the reviews were right. The office staff is wonderful, but that's where it stops. Supervision provided by the afterschool coaches (high school students) are mediocre at best. Although they pride themselves in being a "Bully-Free School", the children face bullying and harassment from a handful of their classmates. Now I understand why homeschooling is becoming more and more common.

Posted January 07, 2012
I agree with some of the previous posts. The school is not what it used to be. Leadership and parent communication seem to be lacking . The school dropped to a Recognized rating this year. There are many people in the community who are wondering what is going on with this school.

Posted December 31, 2011
My son has attended this school for three years. We have loved all of his teachers and find this to be an excellent school.

Posted November 21, 2011
Terrible teaching staff, low principal support (of parent's concerns) and poor academic concepts. Stay away!

Posted September 08, 2011
This school and staff has re-invented the wheel. The school seems to focus more on advancing careers than teaching/managing various types of children and attending to each child's appropriate educational needs. One of my children was named "unteachable" from one teacher and the staff does just enough to avoid a lawsuit. If you are looking for a nuturing yet challenging school curriculum, you will NOT find it here. Overcrowded classrooms and teachers who are unhappy and non-flexible will be found at this school. Avoid it at all costs. My son cried in my arms believing he was STUPID when attending this school. Now all of my children (attending a NEW school) are flourishing, confident leaders and the new school compliments how sweet and smart my children are. They look FORWARD to seeing my children and myself each day. They also appreciate involved parents and truly collaborate to close the gap between potential vs. achievement within my children and ALL children. After leaving Rainwater, we ALL could NOT be happier and I know many parents who had felt the same way I do.

Rainwater Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
School yrs 07-08 and 08-09, there is a new principal and he is great, very involved. The school was good before, but his creative, upbeat leadership allows the teachers more room for intuitive ways to get the kids involved in their own progress. I love this school and they have so much involvement and weekly functions and phone updates, it is one big family and my son has attended 3 elementarys and Rainwater, by far exeeds expections in all areas, especially technology.

Posted May 12, 2007
Rainwater has excellent teachers. The administration tends to have strict guidelines for the students to enter programs and things are 'The Rainwater way'. The children are prepared for middle school which is the best part. The school is a family of friends too.

Posted May 10, 2007
The teachers are very good and care for the students. The school is a community. The principal has her own agenda but is willing to listen to all sides.

Rainwater Elementary School
1408 East Frankford Road, Carrollton, TX  75007
Last modified Rainwater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rainwater Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.