Kent Elementary School 3

Posted September 05, 2013
I really hope this is not a sign of how this year is going to be, but we are a week and 1/2 into the school year, and my ADHD son has already 3 failing grades (0, 35, & 68). I was not notified beforehand, so imo this is VERY strict and ridiculous! I have notified the principle, in hopes that this will be resolved. My son has been there since Kinder and each year it varies good/not so good--all on each teacher. I believe lack of communication is very bad, and the kids are the ones who will suffer the most. If this changes, I will repost.

Posted September 04, 2013
This school offers students a sound academic foundation. The teachers work hard to make sure the students get what they need. My children moved on to Blalack and Creekview and were completely prepared.

Kent Elementary School 2

Posted June 04, 2013
My third child is making his way through this school and I have gradually been more and more disappointed in the past few years at the quality of teachers and the curriculum. The district's emphasis on language arts to the expense of science and math is depressing when the entire nation seems to be recognizing how important they are. The administration used to be very strong and stood up for the children but, recently the quality of the teachers and their ability to educate above and beyond district minimum requirements has really become worse. I have a very artistic child and have a background in art as well. The Art teacher is unbelievably rigid and lacks any sort of enthusiasm for creating a love of Art in the children. The 5th grade used to have a very solid team which made surviving third and fourth grade worth it but now they will be down to one experienced teacher and two fairly inexperienced ones!The building is beautiful, the physical resources (playground, gym, etc) are excellent. The PTA is very active (if predominantly white!) and discipline is well maintained. Issues with bullying are addressed quickly and the behavior resource person is wonderful. But Academically? C-

Kent Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2012
I'm going to start by saying I believe it is on the Teacher@how well a school is. My son has gone K-2nd Grade(now ending 2nd)and the first 2 years were great. This year however has changed my mind for this school being a 4-5 star to 2-3. I know kids have to be held responsible to some degree, but homework does not get picked up or handed out most Mondays, but is still "due" Friday. That being said I found a 2 week old homework packet in my son's backpack that he still didn't turn in, but why didn't the teacher ask for it? I dontt understand that. He's got to know that he is missing my son's work, not to mention if spelling words are not brought home till Wednesday, they have 2 days to study for Friday's test. I have to email the teacher every Monday for this, and if I forget (busy at work) then it goes to Tues/wed which I feel is a little ridiculous. So I have given a 3 star for average since the 1st 2 years were great. The front office staff and all seem somewhat friendly too. I guess we will see what kind of Teacher my son gets next year..If it is anything like this year, however, I will be speaking up and out about this whole homework situation, maybe we will get lucky next yr!

Kent Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2012
I agree with some of the reviews I have read. This school appears to be a terrific school on the outside. However, there is tremendous inconsistency in the grading. Some of the teachers are disasters, logistically speaking. There is a lack of information passed to the students to inform parents of upcoming tests, school work, and assignments... very, very, discouraging.

Kent Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2012
This school is a joke my daughter went to first grade there for 2012 and her and the teacher could not figure out who was the grown up . They clashed for half the year and finally after the teacher couldn't get anywhere with her she started sending her home . We are very involved mom and dad went to counsels meetings the whole nine . The last time she got sent home was for telling them she was getting lilies in the back they called that talking back 3 days out of school wow and its the end.of the.school year

Posted June 08, 2011
great school, dedicated teachers whom you can really tell care about the student's welfare and well being.

Posted July 13, 2009
Excellent school, i had friends who went here and now my daughter does! a close family friend is a teacher there, so i've never felt that my daughter is anything but safe. Great staff, they act like family. My daughter should go to rosemeade, but it's definitely worth the transfer paperwork to keep her at kent.

Posted November 07, 2008

Posted November 07, 2008
After 10 years at Kent, this school just gets better and better. The teachers and administration are eager and willing to go the extra mile to insure excellence in education for our kids.

Kent Elementary School
1800 West Rosemeade Parkway, Carrollton, TX  75007
(972) 968-2000
Last modified Kent Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kent Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top