Carrollton, TX

Mclaughlin Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2015
Terrible...terrible. we will definitely look into a different school for next year. I tried to give this school the staff and kinder teacher a chance and I will not do this again here. Please reconsider this school.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
This school does not develop respect in its students!!! Everything my child has learned in that aspect was instilled my myself!!!! All this school has done is made my child feel like all he does is wrong and he can't learn! Teachers scream and sit with their head in their hands telling kids to just be quiet!!! And if you try and address this with the staff....GOOD LUCK! ! Oh...and you had better know alot of Spanish because of you attend a pta meeting...be prepared with your spanish.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
My child's kinder teacher ......would not recommend! Awful.....I've never experienced this before and to go from an amazing pre k to this....he will definitely not be attending next year. He has been labeled a "bad kid" according to him...that's how he at 6 years old feels. Iam disgusted with this school and most of the staff. His teacher needs to find a different profession. To teach children you require a kind heart..open mind and lots of patience....I don't see or feel that here.

Mclaughlin Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2013
My son attended this school for two years and I will just say our experience was not so pleasant. Parents are not welcome to participate and be involved in their child's education. They actually have staff standing at the doors preventing parents from walking their children to there class. Parents should be allowed to walk their 5 year olds to class without being yelled at. Thats another thing, the staff is rude and disrespectful to parents and it makes me wonder how they are to the children. If you are not bilingual or if spanish is not your first language, prepare to feel left out a lot. On Numerous occasions my son would come home with information that was only in spanish and I had no clue what it said. Open house, PTA meetings were extremely long because everything was said in spanish then translated to english. The language barrier was extremely frustrating. So if English is your primary language, you may want to consider another elementary school.

Mclaughlin Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
My niece goes to McLaughlin and being her Aunt I've had the chance to come up a few times. She loves her teachers and students. What I was appalled at was how the parents present themselves. They should have dress codes for the parents as well. There are hardly any parents that volunteer and help any of the teachers. If I were not working I'd go up myself to help. I attended McLaughlin in the 70's and it was such a great school with so much support. I am sad to see that parents do not care to lend an extra hand to help out.

Mclaughlin Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2010
My oldest son is enrolled and they are a great school. He has speech issues and they keep you informed and work with the my son and I feel he is getting the attention he needs.

Posted April 28, 2010
My daughter has had good teachers and my nephew has had teachers and special services that he needs to succeed.

Mclaughlin Elementary School 5

Posted May 20, 2009
i give mclaughlin top ratings in each and every area. i have 5 children all of whom have attended mclaughlin. i preferred keeping them in our neighborhood even when other opportunites became available because of the wonderful faculty and staff and mclaughlin. they are innovative and dedicated in their teaching and nurturing of young people.

Mclaughlin Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2006
McLaughlin seems to be a good school. My daughter enjoys going and is processing as expected.

Mclaughlin Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2005
Well, it being the first week of school and also the first week of about 36 new faces in the school building(teachers, principal, v-principal, assit. v- principal, nurse, counselor and many new others). I can say I am truly looking forward to see what the new school has to offer. I can say this, I love the school for what it can offer. It has a great PPCD program and a great bilingual program. The PTA program looks promising and the music teacher is great she did a great job on last years program. They also have a great program for the older children with disability needs. I have meet the teachers last year and they are still there. I can say as a mom with a child in 1st grand with a medical disabitiy that I feel very comfortable to leave my son at a school that is great.

1500 Webb Chapel Rd, Carrollton, TX  75006
Last modified Mclaughlin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Mclaughlin Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top