Public charter
Carrollton, TX

Posted September 22, 2014
Glad we found this school, just when my son was not being challenged enough. He was promoted to the next grade (3rd to 4th) which was perhaps the right level for the October born who just missed the grade by a month in the public school. Hand written home work, and personalized teaching the old way are the hallmarks of the school where everyone takes genuine interest in the children - I don't personally think, with all the screen time that the kids do at home these days anyway, that it is a good idea also to give them iPads at school full time for all homework.

Posted March 24, 2014
We have been here since last year, last year was a bit of adjustment however we have really seen great results , we love the small class and teacher interaction. Teachers really are so dedicated, in KG and 1st grade focus is on social and disciplinary skills. Reading and writing are key here, homework is a page a day in these grades, all 3 KG teachers are great. 1st grade has Mrs Z, superteacher and we are so HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPyyy. Small school feel everyone knows everyone. PTO has done an excellent job this year.

Posted March 18, 2014
This is a great place for my son. He is a 2 grader and has Ms. Gillis for his teacher I cant say enough about her, she is truly special and has a heart for the students. Mr. Sisk is a great guy who love the students and deal with situations very well. The two ladies at the front office make me smile everytime I see them. THANK YOU VISTA

Posted January 18, 2014
I am very pleased with this school. I love the teacher/student relationship. The teachers seem to want to know each students name, and my children know all of the teachers names. I love the small classes. This is their first year here, and they are doing so well. Last year when my oldest was in public schools, I complained about the school not giving any homework to the kids. The teacher said that they do so much in school that they don't want to overwhelm them with homework. Well, the grades suffered because of this. I was not able to reinforce what was being taught in school, and my child was not able to remember everything that was taught. At Vista, they are given a ton of homework. At first I was concerned that the homework was too much, and not for the kids, but for the adults. It was so much, and I wasn't sure if the assignments would be understood by my child. Also, I am taking classes too, getting tons of homework, so it was quite an adjustment. However, my child is doing phenomenal, and has a better understanding of what is taught in class, because it is reinforced at home! Love it!

Vista Academy Of Coppell 3

Posted January 10, 2014
Great teachers but way too much homework. They give homework over the holidays. You will also need to be able to deal with over 75% of the ethnicity being Indian. Indian's talk to much and are very rude. Just forget about parent teacher nights because they talk so much that you can't hear anything that is being said.

Posted December 20, 2013
Amazing staff! Director Mr. Sisk is so involved! Amazing special Ed teacher!! Moving my son to Vista Coppell was the best decision we could have made for his education! Thank you Vista!

Posted June 04, 2013
This was the first year for my boys...6th & 7th graders. In all honesty, my 7th grader...sending him to Quest Coppell was the BEST decision I ever made. This was the first year of school that my son actually had passing grades and in those grades were both Bs & Cs and not failing like in the 40s & 50s like when he went to public school in Carrollton. As for my 6th grader, Quest helped him excell further beyond his known ability...he's in honors and is my honor student. I am very pleased with the Staff...the teachers are incredible and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Quest to all students especially to those parents who have "challenged" kids and want to keep them on the straight & narrow....this is the turn around for you and your peace of mind. You will NEVER REGRET SENDING YOUR CHILD TO A QUEST charter school. You'll only wish you'd done it sooner. :D

Posted June 04, 2013
Vista Academy of Coppell is amazing. I love them, they have been so good to my son and patient in teaching him. Mr. Sisk and Mrs. Hammock are amazing people and teachers. I would and DO recommend this school to anybody and I I reccomend them personally to all of my residents and friends. The student teacher ratio is so great and the kids get so much one on one attention! I will miss them as my son enters into Quest Middle School next year!!! They make Universal Academy of Coppell pale in comparrison!

Posted May 16, 2013
After trying 2 others school, one Charter & one regular public school in the Lewisville District, we found Vista! The principal is very professional and he 100% supports the teachers and staff. The teachers my daughter has had are great! We have not experienced all the teachers yet, but the ones we've come across are awesome! The school itself is smaller and older than most public schools but the teachers and their criteria make up for it. What she is learning on her homework is something I would normaly find in a Montessori type setting where the challenges are raised again and again and yet the children seem to respond. The music and Arts director is the best! The teachers go above and beyond for my daughter and know what she needs to stay challenged. My son will be attending in 2 years!

Posted February 03, 2013
Excellent Campus in Edinburg! I debated for 6 months when I heard Vista was coming to Edinburg.. and I made the final decision to place my child there and it was the absolute BEST choice I have ever made. Smaller class sizes, down to earth students and teacher. My little girl has NEVER been happier! Thank you teachers, administration and staff at Vista of Edinburg!

Vista Academy Of Coppell
1615 West Belt Line Road, Carrollton, TX  75006
Last modified Vista Academy Of Coppell is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Academy Of Coppell Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top