Carrollton, TX
Students enrolled: 1,082

Polk Middle School 4

Posted March 04, 2015
Polk has come a long way since the new principal took over! She has streamlined instruction resulting in higher student achievement. The new PBIS system has improved overall behavior and morale. Polk is full of school pride and is well run. It is a large school, but the staff cares very much for the students and keep everything in line. Polk pride is strong!

Polk Middle School 4

Posted June 29, 2012
My daughter attended Polk Middle School and has since graduated from Newman Smith and University of Houston. When she attended Polk it was an excellent school. The facilities were very well kept both inside and out. The teaching staff all the way from the teachers, counselors and principals were awesome! I think the Carrollton ISD is a wonderful place for family and has high standards set for education criteria for students.

Posted June 30, 2011
I am pleased with the ways of communication that are sent to me regarding my childs' progress at school. I like when I'm notified via email and phone call when my child is tardy/absent; low grade in a class and when progress reports and report cards are sent out. This keeps in the loop with their progress' and this helps at times when I don't have time to meet with teachers or attend PTA meetings.

Posted February 08, 2010

Posted January 05, 2010

Polk Middle School 3

Posted July 09, 2009

Posted July 08, 2009

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted June 16, 2008
Mrs. Clark is my student's teacher and he understands the meaning of US HIstory better than ever!

Polk Middle School 0

Posted April 28, 2008
My daughter attends Ted Polk Middle School. I must say, overall it is a pretty good school. I believe the leadership is truly concerned about the students well-being. However,I sometimes question some of the teachers tendency to stereotype particular children. I believe this is a result of the lack of racial and gender diversity within the teaching staff. This area definitely needs to be addressed. The school has an incredible performing arts program. One of the best if I must say. On the other hand, the athletic program is terrible. The school does not seem to value the importance of their athletic program and their overall performance supports that. If I were a parent who had a child who was looking excel in sports, I would definitely send them somewhere else.

Polk Middle School
2001 Kelly Boulevard, Carrollton, TX  75006
Last modified Polk Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Polk Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top