Carrollton, TX
Students enrolled: 1,082

Posted March 04, 2015
Polk has come a long way since the new principal took over! She has streamlined instruction resulting in higher student achievement. The new PBIS system has improved overall behavior and morale. Polk is full of school pride and is well run. It is a large school, but the staff cares very much for the students and keep everything in line. Polk pride is strong!
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 29, 2012
My daughter attended Polk Middle School and has since graduated from Newman Smith and University of Houston. When she attended Polk it was an excellent school. The facilities were very well kept both inside and out. The teaching staff all the way from the teachers, counselors and principals were awesome! I think the Carrollton ISD is a wonderful place for family and has high standards set for education criteria for students.

Posted June 30, 2011
I am pleased with the ways of communication that are sent to me regarding my childs' progress at school. I like when I'm notified via email and phone call when my child is tardy/absent; low grade in a class and when progress reports and report cards are sent out. This keeps in the loop with their progress' and this helps at times when I don't have time to meet with teachers or attend PTA meetings.

Posted June 16, 2008
Mrs. Clark is my student's teacher and he understands the meaning of US HIstory better than ever!

Polk Middle School

Posted April 28, 2008
My daughter attends Ted Polk Middle School. I must say, overall it is a pretty good school. I believe the leadership is truly concerned about the students well-being. However,I sometimes question some of the teachers tendency to stereotype particular children. I believe this is a result of the lack of racial and gender diversity within the teaching staff. This area definitely needs to be addressed. The school has an incredible performing arts program. One of the best if I must say. On the other hand, the athletic program is terrible. The school does not seem to value the importance of their athletic program and their overall performance supports that. If I were a parent who had a child who was looking excel in sports, I would definitely send them somewhere else.

Posted August 01, 2007
The staff at Ted Polk Middle School has done wonders for my daughter. I no longer fear report card day.

Posted April 11, 2007
This was our first year at Polk and I have to say, I am impressed. I had heard so many good things regarding the former principal and was a bit nervous that a new principal would be taking his place our first year, but Mrs. Bailey has proven to be an attentive, approachable and proactive principal with only the best intentions for our children. The band program is phenomenal and plans lots of fun activities throughout the year. My only complaint is that there are so few parents willing to help out at the school. This isn't just at Polk, I am sure, but parents should really get involved more...for THEIR children. I have worked concessions, dances, bookfair etc. It is easy 'work,'fun and a good way to get a feel for your child's daily environment at the school. All in all, Ted Polk Elementary is a great school!!

Posted January 22, 2007
Polk Middle School is the best! From the moment my daughter walked in the door of Ted Polk Middle School, she was completely caught up in the positive and encouraging atmosphere. The principal is a good leader, great example, very involved and in tune with the kids and the teachers. The vast majority of the students are well behaved. There are creative and effective great ways to encourage good character and correct misbehaviour. The teachers have high expectations, and they put in the work and provide the encouragement to help students rise to those expectations. The Fine Arts Department is amazing. Those teachers bring out the best in each student, encouraging each new musician or singer or actor or artist while impressing upon them the importance of working hard and excelling in all of their classes and endeavors. Polk is the best!

Polk Middle School
2001 Kelly Boulevard, Carrollton, TX  75006
Last modified Polk Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Polk Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top