PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Castle Hills Montessori 1

Posted November 11, 2015
Reading the comment about teachers trained in Pakistan makes sense now... I was very puzzled to learn one of their teachers who I personally know is not an accredited Montessori teacher or with an Education background. She doesn't aplly Montessori in her home. It's as if they're just handing out jobs. I'm not enrolling my child in such a school, I have a background in Education & find this to be a slap in the face. It leaves me to question who are really taught in the philosophy and techniques by Montessori. If you want an authentic genuine traditional Montessori experience, this is clearly not the place. I have experienced some of their activities and it does not resemble a respectful caring Montessori environment.

Castle Hills Montessori 3

Posted July 07, 2015
My two of the kids went to this school for an year, I will rate them as a acceptable as nothing good is available in the area which meets all the aspect from my requirement. Some of the experience I had with this Montessori • The front staff is not good at all most of them have a robotic face where you can not build a familiar relationship ( kind of walmart vs World’s Food Market …Lol) • Most of the teachers are trained in Pakistan or few are still under required trainee period to get certificate in Montessori teaching , the owner may be doing it for cost saving and I am not stereotyping it here but I feel this should be mixed and match here so that kids can get both side of system in a better way. • As teachers never went to the school system here, they may not be able to train or prepare your kids well for public education for KG. • Most of the teachers are focused on Academic aspect, but young age focus should be more on social behavior and other aspect. So if your kid is having some behavior issue then this school may not do well. I have seen several of parents withdraw their tough kids in the middle of the session. The teachers as well are not trained enough to handle this aspect. As I am also immigrant and I know how they used to correct behavior problem and those rules cannot be applied here. • I was attending one of the function in the school and one incident just threw me off the way teacher were giving food to the kids, at this tender age we show love and respect so that kids behavior can improve but I just keep my mouth shut as I don’t have an option. I rate them acceptable and if you have better option then please go for it.

Posted December 14, 2013
Our experience with CHM has been exceptional. CHM offers a wonderful environment that fosters a love of learning and encourages curiosity, while helping our children develop a sense of responsibility, understanding, and independence. Our goal for our children was for them to stay curious and for their love of learning to continue to grow as they do. We want the sense of understanding and independence that has been embedded to serve as the baseline for our children to become responsible and caring adults. We chose CHM because of the small class sizes and an approach to teaching that we found beneficial to our children s development, both academically and socially. We would highly recommend CHM to our friend, family and co-workers. Thank you.

Posted January 02, 2013
We have been very happy with Castle Hills Montessori. My son started there when he was 2 and he is now very well prepared for all the private kindergarden school admission tests, interviews, etc. The school's emphasis on diversity is a big plus - weekly classes in Spanish, Chinese, International Week activities, diverse students and faculty, etc. And I especially like that the music program is not just singing but also includes lots of instruments and learning to read music. Excellent curriculm and early learning - not a day care by any means.

Posted October 06, 2012
Mrs. Traci is a superb teacher! This is my son's second year at this school. He is now in the third grade, and we are already devastated that we'll lose Mrs. Traci after this year, since the school does not go beyond the third grade. She makes every day in her classroom different and challenging in fun ways, motivating and rewarding to my son and his classmates, even though they all range in age, knowledge and interests. She identifies specific opportunities that each child needs to work on at their current level of progress, so you can clearly see that she knows and cares about your child. My son feels loved at school and he respects and adores Mrs. Traci. She also teaches them manners and talks about various values that one would only hope their children would hear about in school. And she lives those values in the class every day, making it so much more effective for children to follow and apply. The school itself is very bright and neat; lots of fun events; all staff is great, caring and respectful. It's the Montessori experience at its best! My son loves it and his knowledge and skills are now at one full grade level above his friends attending third grade at other schools!

Castle Hills Montessori
1416 W. Hebron Pkwy, Carrollton, TX  75010
Last modified Castle Hills Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-3